FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxious that I could be made redundant

Lolue
Community Member
Hi,
During April I was stood down from my job as a training co-ordinator due to the lockdown we weren't getting any new employees and with staff being stood down there was no requests for training. I have two managers my direct manager was also stood down however my manager who is our team leader was not I haven't heard from him in 4 weeks. Except when he cced me in on an email to the girl who used to do my job that she was to take over one of my admin jobs. I understand why he asked her cause she knows how to do the task but it sucks cause I spent months trying to get out of her shadow and to be stopped called her number two 😕

Lockdown is slowly being eased and my work announced that some jobs will be stood back up and some won't. I have a feeling my job won't be stood back up and I'm worried I could actually be made redundant.

I'm not sure if I should start looking for a new job or try to wait it out a bit longer. As great as it is being home I have this need to be needed. So not being in a position to be useful is getting me down.
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Welcome to the Beyond Blue Forums Lolue, we're glad you've come to share your thoughts with us, it sounds like you have a lot on your mind.  We can imagine it would feel pretty dishearting to work so hard at your job to then feel under-appreciated and compared to another team member. We can hear the passion and drive you to have to excel at your work and we hope your team can see this too. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk about your thoughts and feelings, and our wonderful community is here to provide you with as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

If you feel up to it, we'd also recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website will be regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348.

We hope that you keep checking in to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it. 

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Lolue

Welcome to the forums, it's lovely to have you here.

Firstly, I'd just like to say you aren't alone with work-related anxieties; please remember these are strange times and to be gentle with yourself. Practically, I don't think you have anything to lose by doing some job hunting to help ease your mind. You might find something that inspires you, or affirms to you why you work so hard to stand out in your current job. Try and practise some self-care so you can get some clarity about the next steps- I think having all bases covered would be good. Let us know how you travel, if you like- we'll be here every step of the way.

Sending kindness,

Tay100

Lolue
Community Member
Thank you everyone for your kind responses. I got a call today from my direct manager and I am being stood back up next week on a part time basis and then eventually back to full time 🙂 my boss also said he's trying to get me some projects to work on and spoke to the girl who used to do my job to give me some of the project work from her team.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Lolue,

That's really great news, I'm glad things are picking up for you, and that you are able to get some projects back. Do keep us updated on how things go 🙂

Sending hugs,

Tay100