FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and COVID-19

Sweesoft
Community Member
We're you able to adapt to the changes during the lockdowns? What did you do to cope up? This has been a stressful year and there's just no sign of hope I guess. Everything's still crazy!
18 Replies 18

SD0102
Community Member

I had been going so well but feel my anxiety has gotten worse again since the outbreak in Sydney.
I really thought we were going so well in NSW and now this has brought me unstuck again.

My usual coping mechanisms are not working and I really don’t know what to do. I hate feeling like this.

We have a small business in regional NSW and I am constantly worrying about visitors coming to town and potentially bringing Covid with them and having to shut down & the financial impacts this would have.

I just can’t get on top of the worry at the moment.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi SD0102

Thanks for sharing your story- it's understandable that you are worried during these uncertain times. What are your coping mechanisms and how do they usually help you? If we think about that first we can brainstorm some new methods that might be more suitable for this unprecedented, ongoing situation.

Tay100

SD0102
Community Member

Thanks Tay100 for responding.

I actually read a book the other day, which I hadn’t been doing as much reading over the last month and found it really helped to take my mind off things.

I also did some gardening.

I really need to focus on doing things that keep my mind active as this reduces the time to over think.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi SD0102

Spot on! And they sound like fabulous activities. Does mindfulness appeal too? Even something simple like deep breathing or making a gratitude list. It's a green juice for your mind.

Tay100

Abby-C
Community Member
There's alwa

Abby-C
Community Member
There's always hope. Yes, last year had been stressful and a lot of crazy things transpired, especially in politics. Now, the vaccine is here, yet there are still tons of issues surrounding it. Just continue to be strong. Life is still beautiful. Just learn to be grateful for the little things.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Abby-C

I love this sentiment! What helps you to stay in this mindset? You mentioned gratitude- what role does it play?

Tay100

Sweesoft
Community Member

Hi All.

Hi Tay100

I plan on keeping myself busy. Do some projects/DIY. I tried cooking the other day, but I don't think that worked out. Nevertheless, it was fun. I'm looking at planting herbs or indoor plants, too. I'm getting ideas on Pinterest. Right now, I'm still browsing. Can you suggest a fun thing to do?

Hi Sweesoft

Mindfulness can be a fun, easy and relaxing thing to do- great for general wellbeing too. Try deep breathing or watching a guided short meditation on Youtube. You could also try dancing or some kind of enjoyable cardio to do. Anything that helps you connect with your inner child will work wonders! Let us know how you go.

Tay100