FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and COVID-19

Sweesoft
Community Member
We're you able to adapt to the changes during the lockdowns? What did you do to cope up? This has been a stressful year and there's just no sign of hope I guess. Everything's still crazy!
18 Replies 18

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sweesoft,

Thank you for your post! Yes, it's been an incredibly stressful year- I'm quite inpatient for 2021 honestly because I'm sure it has to be better than 2020. I do believe in hope though. 🙂

In case you haven't seen it yet, just going to link to our big post on coping during the coronavirus outbreak:

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/coping-during-the-coronavirus-o...

rt

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hiya Sweesoft

Very relatable issue- in terms of coping, coming and posting here helps. Reading the social threads can help you stay engage and even forge new social connections too. Many people are feeling tired and disorientated too- finding a way to self-care can be useful here- what might that look for you? We can brainstorm some ideas in this thread if you like.

Tay100

SD0102
Community Member

Hi Sweesoft

I have found this year very challenging in regards to Covid. It does seem never ending, and I wonder if we will ever get back to a more normal life once again?

Just as we appear to be tracking ok (after Melbourne’s lock down, which was a great achievement by them & huge sacrifice by many), we have the break out in SA and now the cases in Sydney.

Will it ever end ? Is a vaccine our only hope ? Is the vaccine safe ?

I don’t know the answers, only that I am tired of feeling like this, tired of worrying every time I step out of the house, tired of worrying about what the next case might mean in regards to restrictions.

I never would have thought I’d see the day where we wouldn’t be able to freely travel, especially in our own country.

I understand why, but I just feel for those that haven’t been able to visit loved ones, those that have missed seeing sick & dying relatives/friends.

In saying that, during all of this, I have been able to work from home, which I have found to be much more productive and will continue to do so.

I also listen to some mindfulness apps, and concentrate on my breathing when things get too much.

My respect to all of our frontline workers, those keeping food on the shelves for us and those behind the scenes.

Sorry for the ramble, but I find it’s also helps to get things off my chest & reduce my stress/worry.

SD

Thank you for the link. It's very helpful. It's a great thing we have this kind of community where it's okay to not be okay.

Thank you @Tay100 and @SD0102

The uncertainties are what's making the anxiety. I hope we could connect more often as it's really good to have people hear you out without judgment.

No worries at all Sweesoft, and you said it- uncertain things can be challenging with anxiety, but we are here to listen with compassion, community spirit and no judgement, which can help to make all the difference! We also have some fun on here to which can help us beat the lockdown/COVID-19 blues!

Sweesoft
Community Member
Thank you for your words. Appreciate you all. I hope you had a merry Christmas! Will surely check the fun categories soon.

Hi Sweesoft

Merry late Christmas and happy 2021! Hopefully, things will be better as we now know how to deal with these uncertainties as a community a little better. Let us know how you go with those other categories if you like!

Sweesoft
Community Member
Hi there. I am better, thanks to you all. I hope you had a wonderful new year. I made a resolution that this year will be better. I'm leaving all the negativities behind.

Hi Sweesoft

My 2021 has been pretty smooth so far, thank you for the well wishes! It's great to hear that you are determined to leave the negative stuff behind you and make this year a good one. How do you plan on doing that? I'd love to hear what your plans are if you are open to sharing at all.

Tay100