FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

freaking out right now

ocean-man
Community Member

I'm writing here because I need to get stuff out there and don't know who to call and one way or another I'd slip up and just make everything so much worse for me.

I'm going through a massive freakout and I don't know how I should even refer to it (mental breakdown? panic attack? anxiety attack?). I've been hit by this massive wave of negative thoughts and it's gotten so bad that I've been physically shaking and twitching (never experienced this before) and have been unable to go to sleep. All of them detailing my shortcomings as a friend, a worker, a creator, a person in general. My poor social skills, poor temper, thoughtlessness, carelessness, laziness, this, that, everything in between. All of my incompetencies, mistakes and examples of poor performance wrapped up into one meat, nauseating package.

Even just writing this out I feel like garbage because I feel like whatever it is I'm going through or experiencing right now is just karma for all the things I've unwittingly done to people as a result of my idiocy. Furthermore I know there's people out there so much worse off than me and I feel as if I'm not doing anything that warrants sympathy in regards to that.

I'm struggling to even articulate my thoughts at the moment because my brain is going 8000 miles an hour and it wants to slip something new into this post every half a second or so. Leaving it here. I just hope this is clear enough.

I don't really know what I want to get out of this. I think I just need a little void to scream into right now

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Ocean-man~

Yes your post was certainly clear enough and there was no need to write more. I'm pleased you came as sometimes one cannot see things clearly, one is too close.

You have been going though a period of very strong emotions - so powerful that you shake and twitch -and of course cannot sleep.

They all seem to be extremely negative and bring up things that make you feel bad, and by the sound of it things you blame yourself for so much you end up thinking you have no worth. I read before that you do have a tendency to question yourself and how you feel -the washing up being an example.

As if that is not bad enough you mind is racing to bring in more and more.

This reminds me very much of my own mental state when I was at the worst of a depression and anxiety condition. I too endlessly reviewed things and blamed myself - and had physical reactions as well. I did not realize they were not my thoughts but those conjured up by the depression itself. They seemed as if I had made them.

I"m not sure what steps you have taken in the past but would strongly suggest you get some medical assistance. Book a long consultation with a GP and explain what you feel and what is happening. If you find the prospect of a face to face explanation is too daunting then you can always do as I have and take a couple of days to write it out in point form and hand the paper over. (even showing your post above should be enough)

The reason I suggest this is I found I was not able to improve by myself and had downward swings of increasing severity until I got help. Things took a while to improve but now I'm a different person, with few sessions like I had before -finally peace.

Sometimes it takes a while to get an appointment, in the meantime I'd propose you contact The Kid's Help Line, who are open 24/7, have web-chat and phone, are easy to talk to, and are used to such problems in those under 25

If you felt like it I would like to know how you get on or what you think of these suggestions

Croix