FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why can forum posts be read by members who haven't signed up?

PurpleShade
Community Member

Hi.  I was curious if there is a reason that the forum can be so easily read by members who haven't signed up ? It seems with such sensitive information being shared, that creating a little more privacy could put posters more at ease.  Its just a thought 🙂

3 Replies 3

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi purpleshade, welcome here

We are totally anonymous. I've shared heaps of personal information here on this forum over my 1470 posts so far and never has any friend or relative referred to me as "you are the white knight".

If you desire to post that would include any person information then limit the detail.and seek an overall opinion.

Tony WK

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi PurpleShade,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback.

You're right, you don't have to be a forum member in order to read posts. All our pages are indexed by Google, and in fact many of our members actually find our forums by searching for a particular topic this way. "Closed" forums that display posts to members only are generally a lot less busy, and we want this space to be accessible as possible.

With regards to privacy, we encourage our members not to share any personal information here that could identify them, and if they do our moderators will edit it out (for example, using a full name as your display name, saying where you live etc, links to your Facebook page or email etc). If you do happen to see any posts where someone is disclosing information that could breach their privacy, please use the 'report post' function to let us know about it.

You can find more information about how we ensure this is a safe space by watching our welcome video below:

Jenny_B
Community Member
Fair point.