FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Procrastination to motivation. If only it was as easy as saying the word.

Getreadynow
Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum. My chosen title is coming from a place of frustration with myself. I know that it will pass, but lately it has been more of a struggle. Let me explain..... sometimes i find it hard  to have a shower or brush my teeth and other times its even difficult to walk outside of the house. it seems like the more time i think about doing it , the harder it becomes. Hence procrastination!

So i have to give myself a bit of a motivational talk. It goes like this....You can do it ...Get in that shower,you will feel better. stop thinking about it and just do it. At times it drives me nuts that i have to do this, but if it works, i will continue to do so. And it eventually does ....

For other procrastinators out there, know that you are not alone 🙂

1 Reply 1

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Getreadynow,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will find it helpful in many ways.

I feel you, I am guilty of procrastination also, more than I would like to admit.

It is hard to get motivated some days, depends a lot on how I wake up, usually just as fatigued as I was when I went to bed.

But it sounds like what you do is working for you, that's all that really matters.

I often have good intentions but am easily distracted, then realise at the end of the day, I didn't do what I had intended, so the next day you try again, kinda like Groundhog Day.

Anyway, thanks for reaching out and giving us your go-to remedy. Feel free to post whenever wish.

Take care,

indigo