FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to the forum

Rody68
Community Member

Hi everyone,

im new here today so I hope I’m doing this right?
im a long time sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks and hopefully can find some answers and ways of dealing with it through chatting with you all here on the forum.
min looking forward to being a member of the forum and chatting to you all 🙂

2 Replies 2

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Rody68,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry for your situation but you're doing the right thing. This is a lovely community, people are caring, ready to listen, give advice, share lived experience and support each other.

So please feel free to share your story 🙂

Mark

Learn to Fly
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Rody68,

A very warm welcome to the forum. You are definitely in the right place and doing the right thing, please be assured of that.

I am really sorry to hear about you suffering for a long time from anxiety and panic attacks. I imagine this must have been pretty draining for you. Have you ever received any professional assistance to help you to learn coping mechanisms and ease the conditions?

Please feel free to share with us whatever you feel like sharing. You are in a safe and non-judgemental place. If you don't feel this need, that ok too.

Maybe you'd rather read the posts related to coping with anxiety and panic attacks? Try typing both keywords into Beyond Blue search and see if any of the conversations sound close to your situation.

Last but not least, you can always give one of the amazing BB counsellors a call. They are always ready to assist and guide you. The phone number is: 1300 224 636

Again: welcome and hope to hear from you sometime soon.

Take care.