FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lurking in the background

Gracie63
Community Member

Im a newbie here and have been reading lots of other’s stories about anxiety and I have been really reassured that I am not alone with this debilitating disorder. Anxiety has been apart of my life for as long as I can remember and at different times I’ve used medication to deal with it and have had some good years where I seem to have managed It but I guess it’s always been lurking in the background
because it’s back with a vengeance and my anxiety has now hit me with an all time high .The last six months are now so bad that It feels like it’s in my heart , my chest, my throat and of course I immediately think I have some major health issues but have had lots of tests that come back with all is fine . I can not work or even leave the house sometimes. It freaks me out because it’s like it just has taken over me and of course every little twinge gets my mind going in to overload and it takes forever to shut it up. I am so grateful to finding these forums as It really does help to ease my mind and body.

11 Replies 11

Gracie63
Community Member

After reading your posts I talked to my doctor regarding if some of my anxiety/panic could be due to that Iam in menopause and yes it seems that this is a part of it. I’ve been on my antidepressant now for awhile and it certainly has helped in lessening the intensity of my attacks. I also now listen to meditation music and this really helps to calm me. I also open up a lot more now with people and family and let them now when I’m not doing ok and I’m learning to say no which was something I always had a problem with and would find my self never speaking my truth. Hope you are travelling well .

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Gracie63~

What a lovely post to read, you sound very much more in charge and have taken all the sensible steps in gettng medical advice and support. I'm glad it has improved things for yoou

Also it's a hard thing to accomplish to say "no" at times and to unbend to the extent you let others know when you are not OK. This too you have managed.

I too find the right sort of music helps -for the exact same reason, to settle myself down to a calmer state.

I hope we hear from you again in the future

Croix