FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi

Looking_to_the_moon
Community Member

Hi, I’m new here.

tbh I don’t really know what to say. I guess I should introduce myself. I’m Moon, or atleast I’m looking at it. When I’m tired or having ‘a day’ I tend to look at the sky and watch the clouds, moon and stars. I’m not officially diagnosed with anything but I’m fairly sure I have depression, anxiety, selective mutism and maybe some other stuff. I use he/him pronouns and I’m transgender. My parents don’t know but their transphobic. I like reading, writing and art, even if I’m terrible at it. I use to want to be an author but I’m not sure anymore. Truthfully, I’m not sure where my life’s going anymore, I’m just struggling to get through life at the moment. I’ve overshared a bit so I’ll sign off here. So hi, nice to meet you, bye.

2 Replies 2

mocha delight
Community Member
Hi looking to the moon first I want to say welcome to the forums and second I’ve not been officially diagnosed with anything yet but my psychologist has casually mentioned to me that I have depression (clinical depression), social anxiety and general anxiety to. I’ve been seeing her for a year as of September 17th last year but hopefully I won’t have to wait years for a official diagnosis 🤞. I also absolutely love reading and my psychologist she has mentioned looking to doing some kind of art so I’ve been slowly building my drawing supplies to start drawing but I bet I won’t be very good at it but you know what I’m going to give it a go so we can be terrible at art together and hopefully have some good laughs along the way.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Looking to the moon, welcome to the site.

Some parents may feel as though they're transphobic because they have formed, educated and looked after you while you're growing up and may resist the idea that you want to be the opposite gender, but that's a decision you have made.

If you want to become an author then do so because it's not how you feel about the book but how many copies are sold to indicate whether or not it's a good book.

You can have a chat to Qlife 1800 184 527 by various means from 3pm to midnight seven days a week who will understand what you're reaching out for.

Good luck.

Geoff.