FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi from a newbie!

kellyd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

My name is Kelly and I'm new to the Blue Voices group and the forums. I'm not sure about the best way to introduce myself here, so I hope I'm posting in the right place!

At the end of last year, I resigned from a fairly senior corporate career to study counselling and social work and finally pursue something I've thought about for a long time. I have lived with anxiety and fairly complex PTSD for over 10 years now and I hope the empathy I've gained over time and my genuine hope to help people learn long-term life skills to help themselves will help me be successful in my new chosen path. I'm here as a part of these forums to be invovled in discussions, volunteer for opportunities where possible and provide support. 🙂 Kelly

7 Replies 7

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Kelly's and welcome to the forums.I think the caring support you can offer will be appreciated and hope you can find support for your anxiety and PTSD.
Take care,
Mark

kellyd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks Mark - great to hear I can be helpful 🙂

Kelly

socialmoth
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Kellyd - welcome to the forum

I was really excited to see your post as I'm considering going into social work for similar reasons - still not 100% decided yet though. It sounds like you're in a really good position to both provide and receive support so I'm looking forward to seeing you around.

Hi guys i just joined beyond blue, i have had anxiety and depression for years now, and a therapist since i was 4, and only just now is my therapist realising that i might have high functioning autism, i tick every single box. so i jined beyond blue for; support, understanding and just someone to talk to.

also what is the "blue voices" sounds like something nice to join if that's possible.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi IronBinder and welcome to the forums .I to have Autism and so do my two children.The blue voices is easy to join up and only join in with you want to.No pressure.

thanks i think i will join