FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello world

Hello_world
Community Member
I have been wanting to connect with people about my anxiety/depression so I hope this website can help in some way. My name is Cass. I am 24 years old and have lived with depression and anxiety since I was 17. I have always been the sensitive and highly strung person so in hindsight it makes sense that I would be so susceptible. My issues began like any teenager..friends..I had the same group of friends my whole life and I noticed that I wasn't fitting, in fact I was different to them and more mature. But despite psychotherapy and people telling me this happens, I grieved, and I continue to grieve, even though I logically understood and didnt want to be associated with those people anymore.  I started on medication which helped take the edge off constant anxiety and I continue to use it today. I finished school, started university and had my first real breakup. I had a few friends through this process, all from different circles in my life and they helped a lot. I had a good uni experience, made friends but I still feel as though I don't fit in (or that they care about me). It has continued to the work place. My moods will constantly vary (I have dark and happy days), I am constantly anxious, I doubt myself at work and need constant reassurance that I am doing really well (I can't be doing anything just ok I have to be the best or I will become very anxious), it has gotten to the point where I hear people compliment other staff members in general group conversation and I think I am horrible at what I do. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!?! I have a loving partner of two years and a few close friends I could tell anything too, I should think myself very lucky. But why do I continue to do this to myself? As I said previously, I am currently taking medication, have used psychotherapy in the past (my psychologist has moved and I haven't found anyone as good as her since otherwise I would continue), I have tried mindfulness which I love but that and things like exercise I struggle to bother doing. If I could connect with a few people on here, hear their stories, and gain so insight into what can help me, or motivate me to continue to improve my anxious/depressed moods I think I would be relieved and very grateful. Thanks for reading
1 Reply 1

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Hello.world, welcome to the forums. You'll find lots of posts on here where people are talking about what has worked for them.  Try having a read through the Staying Well forum, and also the two threads below as a start:

Self help tips for depression

Self help tips for anxiety