FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello from newbie

Blue_skies
Community Member
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Having had depression and anxiety for many years and finally learning better to manage this I thought it would be a good idea to join the forum and exchange ideas, experiences and ways of managing this illness. I've been reading through some of the posts recently and it amazes me how many people are dealing with these conditions and that many face judgement and discrimination because of their illness. I don't normally openly share with people that I have a mental illness, however I do share with people I can trust and who won't judge me. I look forward to learning more about dealing with depression and anxiety on this forum 🙂 
3 Replies 3

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

G'day Blue Skies,

Welcome to Beyond Blue forums! So glad you've learnt to tame the beast. As you've read and mentioned, it can be a struggle for a lot of people!

Have you read about Blue Voices? It's an area of Beyond Blue where people in the community can join and help make Beyond Blue even better. The only qualification for joining is that you have or have had depression/anxiety or care for someone who does. Might be worth checking out.

Welcome once again!

Paul

Blue_skies
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. After many years I'm still learning to 'tame the beast' but am getting better at looking after my health so that it doesn't overwhelm me too much. 

I'll have a look at Blue Voices, it sounds like a valuable tool. I'm still working out how to use the forums.

Thanks again.

sading
Community Member

Hi,

I am a newbie too....just waiting for my post to be approved. I totally 'get you' and I have joined this forum for the same reason. To communicate with people who don't judge you. I have been to a clinic three times and the most wonderful thing about being in there is that you don't get judged and everyone, be it other patients or staff are so supportive.

Support and advice and not being judged is what we need. We are all living with a horrible disease that has so much stigma out there in the big wide word. There is still so much to do. My own family turned on me because they couldn't cope with 'my crap' anymore. Heartbreaking. I am a mother and my own children have turned on me. Heartbreaking but I have to find a way forward and look forward to hearing from other people on this site. Best wishes...Sading