FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First post

Mrschooka
Community Member

Hi all

I am extremely hopeful that joining this community will be a starting point for me. I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and at the moment I feel like I have a dark cloud surrounding me most of the time. I don't understand why.. But recently I just don't feel that I belong anywhere. Home no longer feels like home. I can be surrounded by my adult kids & grand daughters but still feel very much alone. I often leave & just drive... With no destination... And sleep in my car as I feel that I don't want to burden anyone.

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Mrs Chooka, welcome

I get you. Anxiety can be crippling. It took me many years to fully overcome it.

The following thread outlines how I did it.

You will feel at home here after a little while.

Use google

Topic: how I eliminated anxiety- beyondblue

Topic: the best praise you'll ever get- beyondblue

Topic: running around trying to save the world- beyondblue

Topic: worry worry worry- beyondblue

Tony WK

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Mrschooka, first of all I want to be sure that you're safe when driving the car because with your anxiety there will be depression which will be causing this 'dark cloud' over you and wanting to be alone.
Depression and loneliness is what we always want, and not being able to connect with the people you love is not your fault, so please don't blame yourself for this, what we need to do is convince you that you must book an appointment with your doctor, this is important for you, because this is where your help will begin, and please don't be frightened in talking with your doctor.
Your kids and g/daughters will be trying everything they can think of to make you happy, sure you may laugh and smile but that's just a front to how you actually feel, so ask one of your kids to book the appointment for you, show your emotions and cry, don't hold back.
I would prefer you doing this rather than hoping in your car. Geoff.