FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Fatigue and lost motivation

Jolly_Chaplin
Community Member

Hello all. Chris here. Hope your day is going ok. If you have any of the following, please leave a comment, if you wish, and I may be able to help you.

- Everything you do feels like an effort

- You've given up hope, and feel that nothing will cure you

- You don't see the point in trying

- Overall, you're tired and wondering why you can't reclaim your energy?

Many people feel these feelings in their lifetime, but you do have the power to change how frequently these emotions occur. There is hope for you if you're willing to make some changes. Now, you shouldn't expect immediate results. These things can sometimes take some time, so don't give up just yet. Small steps are sometimes all you need.

You also shouldn't feel weak for seeking help from others. You are actually a stronger person to open up.

Hope you're going well, and I look forward to seeing what I can do for you. 🙂

-Chris

15 Replies 15

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jolly Chaplin

Thanks for posting, we really appreciate this contribution to our community. The gentle advice and non-judgemental, encouraging words are exactly what a lot of people need to hear right now- it helps them know they aren't alone. We hope you continue to enjoy the forums!

Tay100

Want_to_succeed
Community Member

Hi there I could definitely use your help. I googled stuck in a rut and your post came up. I have a hard family situation at the moment and I’m exhausted all the time and don’t feel like exercising. Before this situation happened I used to exercise a lot. I feel I’m stuck in a rut and don’t know how to get out or even start to take the small steps.
thanks so much

Hello. Good work for seeking help. You’re on the right track. 🙂

Ok. Time to find the main source of your problem. First, you could try to isolate exactly what your main concern is.

It may be general wear and tear of the hardship you may be experiencing draining your energy; which is a natural reaction to have during tough events in life.

Don’t get discouraged cause you’re not feeling how you would like to feel. We all want to be happy all the time, but this creates too much pressure on yourself and is an unrealistic approach to take if you would like to heal. It can be a gradual process. No need to rush.

For starters, a great tactic is to pull all the information you can gather from your head and write them out on paper. I do it often and it helps. It clears the head and puts things in perspective. It’s a more manageable way to lay out the facts.

Eg. What bad experiences have you had? Was it something you or your family said that was distressing? Is there a better path you can choose to follow?

Ask yourself if you have any control over your circumstances, and all the possible options you can take. It’ll then come to weighing up the odds as to what you can do about it.

Remember, your attitude towards your circumstances is what matters most.

Take it on like a challenge. A challenge you can win.

Thanks so much for your help. I will try those things...I need to make it a priority to make time to do this. You’re right about the expectations of life.......I have had a hard few years but this is below baseline and just a season of sickness with a family member in hospital 15 weeks.
thanks I appreciate your help.

No worries. Yep, even if it’s 10 minutes to do something helpful. Everyone can afford to spare just a little time.

Yeah, that does sound very tough. It’s definitely a unique, difficult time right now. Very strange. But, like a lot of things, it’s a temporary thing. I hope for your situation it is also temporary. Hang in there matey. (:

There’s a lot of useful pieces of knowledge I’ve found in books. One of them is called ‘How to Stop Worrying and Start Living’ by Dale Carnegie. It has practical tips and stories to read.

But Theres only so much you can read into. In the end it all comes down to doing it.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jolly Chaplin and Want to succeed

Thought I'd just check back here and say it's great to see you talking and supporting each other, that's what these threads are for and what our community at large is all about. If you'd like any assistance navigating the forums or anything else at all, feel free to let us know 🙂

Jolly Chaplin,
what an encouraging thread.Reading books getting help from others only helps if one is on the right mood to change,
most of us know what we need to do to be motivated but so many don’t know how to do it.

quirky

Thanks for your help. A few days later I’m still really tired but I can do a little bit where before I could do nothing. But a bit of one step forward two steps back with an awful night last night but that’s ok there is a little bit of hope. I had no idea post trauma fatigue could be so debilitating.