FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Even just creating an account on here is stressful.

Zenuria
Community Member

I'm stressed out just creating an online profile on here. I am burnt put from decades in an unsupportive workplace, stressed, anxious, depressed. Then the pandemic on top and the blatant disregard of authorities for those who have underlying medical issues - as if they are expendable - eugenics 21st century style. The world has become a horrible place and politicians so self serving and uncaring. Who wants to live in this world?

5 Replies 5

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi again, you did make a profile, & a couple threads, & have expressed some feelings. That's a great start.

I know joining thisforum is not a neasy thing to do. You know this is a place where you can talk about yourself & whatever is going on for you. & people will be reading your every word. So you have to trust us not to bring you down or dismiss what you say. That's hard too.

I've been here a little while, & I'm very glad I joined & posted. There are many, any kind, compassionate, & generous people here, each arriving with their own pasts & present circumstances. As we are able to do, we tend to share our experiences, especially what has helped us along the way.

Being here, you are not alone.

When times are tough, & we need additional support, BB offers that too. You can always call BB's own counselling service on:

1300 46 36

I mention this because from what you've written, you seem overwhelmed stressed in your job, with what's happening in the world, & how here in Australia, you are feeling disregarded, &, I don't know for sure... a lot of words come to my mind, but, I'd like to read yours.

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oops, that phone number is:

1300 22 46 36

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Zenuria

welcome to the forum and well done for starting a thread and posting.

i joined and it was 2 years before I worked out how to post.
I am glad you are here.
I agree that there are parts of this world that are awful but there are people who care.

I stopped watching the news as it is stressful but there is good in the world.
i understand for someone who is sensitive it is very difficult.

Thanks for honest post.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Zenuria,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

Your workplace sounds like a stressful place, have you ever thought about changing job positions?

Im really sorry that you feel this way about the world.

What type of things do you like to do for enjoyment?

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Zenuria, thanks for posting your comment, and know that doing this is not easy because you attempt to write something down, look at it, maybe alter what you've said or finally delete it, thinking that no one will understand what you're trying to tell us, the best part is everyone on this site has been through their own type of depression and know exactly what others are saying.

The government officials make decisions which you may or may not agree with, but they are the people that make the laws whether we like them or not and for you to try and cope with unsupportive work managers would make it so difficult for you to cope with and feel so sorry for you.

We're so pleased you have finally posted because all we want to do is help you through this and it doesn't matter how long this takes, we will always be here for you.

Take care.

Geoff.