FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety seeing ex look alike

Auxillium
Community Member
It's been a week now that I've been experiencing anxiety wverytime i see someone on the road who looks similar as my ex. I was with her for almost 6 years and now I'm with someone new. Current partner, we've been togather for 2 years. But i dont understand is why all of a sudden im having this anxiety attack whenever i see someone who looks similar as my ex.
1 Reply 1

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Auxillium,

It sounds as though it has been a stressful, nerve racking week for you. I feel it would be so disorienting and confusing as to why people who look like your ex have recently been triggering your anxiety...

I think it’s hard to say exactly why it’s happening now. It could be for a whole range of reasons...

Purely as a suggestion, I wonder if maybe it would help you to note what happens before each anxiety attack (aside from seeing someone who looks like your ex) e.g. where you’re located, is it busy/quiet, time of day, general mood that day, etc. The reason that I’m suggesting it is maybe it would help you get a better idea of what might be happening. I’m thinking maybe if you get a fuller picture, you might be able to find strategies to help yourself or if you decide to see a counsellor/psychologist, it could help them to better help you.

It’s just a little idea...you can see if you like it or not 🙂 I’m thinking of you.

kind and caring thoughts,

Pepper