FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Thankful for Beyondblue

Anroca78
Community Member

Hi, 

Nearly a week ago I was in a bad place. After 3 months of setbacks, my bipolar brain was struggling worse than ever. Holidays just added to the stress. 

I was a danger to myself yet still I could not bring my self to reach out for help. I hit my rock bottom. 

I decided to reach out to Beyondblue. I chose  web chat, one on one advice, and thank god I did! They helped me realise there was more help out there, and got me in contact with the mental health team who referred me to my local hospital. I volunteered myself and was admitted to the Psych ward. 

I always refused hospital treatment because  I was worried how my 13yr old son would react( he was fine and relieved I was getting help), it ended being the best decision for me. I spent 5 days getting help from doctors and psych doc and speaking to other bipolar patients really helped as well. I was placed back onto medication which is what I needed. I also have received follow up calls from Mental health team,immediately once I got home  to see how I am going. 

This would not of been all possible if I did not reach out to Beyondblue. So I am saying a BIG Thankyou.  You are truly helping people like myself take that first step to getting life back on track, and understand and accept the ups and downs of mental health.😊

2 Replies 2

Guest_5218
Community Member

Hi Anroca,

I am so pleased for you.  It is also appreciated that you got back onto the Forums to let us all know.  Its great to hear of the success stories.  And its also wonderful to learn that 'the system actually works'!

I hope to still see you around the Forums from time to time.  Both for your own benefit for continuing support, as well as for others who you may be able to help with your stories of successful treatment.

See you around,

Sherie 

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Anroca, thanks so much for letting us know. I'll pass this thread on to our support service.  So pleased to hear you're back on track, I hope you'll stay with us and share some of your insights on keeping well.