FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

depression / anxiety support groups melbourne

AGrace
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone was aware of any good support groups / outpatient programs for Depression/Anxiety in Melbourne?

Up until now I've been attending various day programs through the Melbourne clinic but im now at the point where my health fund needs to approve additional days. This could take up to 4 weeks so im hoping to do something in the interim. Im not very good on the outside(out of hospital) on my own. I can already feel a loss of interest doing things and it's only been 1 week. I'm trying my best not to end up back in hospital. 

Thanks. 

AGrace

2 Replies 2

Girl_Anachronism
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Agrace, 

I am from WA myself, but there a few  groups I found via  a quick search.

ADAVIC (Anxiety Association of Victoria) run cheap support groups in three different locations on different nights. 

Black dog institute list others on their website, which you can google or, if the mods allow the link, 

http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/public/gettinghelp/othersupportgroups.cfm#VIC

I don't have personal experience obviously never having been to melbourne, though I do wantto go someday. Hopefully some locals might be able to give their opinions, or some other options. This is a starting point anyway. 

GA

plus2014
Community Member

HI Agrace,

I had been living in Melboune before, there are some hospital that have day support groups for you to attend.

And also, you can call beyond blue for some discussion if you need someone to talk. I like to talk to them as well.

Take care,

P...