FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Blood Type & Depression/Anxiety

HA1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I wonder if anyone of our members have ever explored the relationship (if any) between our blood type and mental health? 

I would love to hear from anyone that has.

K

2 Replies 2

WallPop
Community Member
This is a line of thought I only just recently considered as well. After approx 18 years of Depression n meds I'm hoping there's some other alternative. Many medications have given me a negative response or exaggerated my symptoms. I am wondering if there is a compound in certain meds that one may be allegeric to or have a negative response to. Not sure where to start that line of enquiry, the G.P. I suppose hey. There is another interesting post in here regarding genetics testing in respect of those chemicals in our brain.

HA1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks for the reply WallPop!

I have an interest in genealogy, and it is from there that in an article on genetics, I discovered that certain blood types are more predisposed to certain illness than others. I have only just started to delve in to it, but it looks interesting.  

As you suggest, I have also read somewhere that your genetic makeup up can often determine the best approach to your treatment, including meds.  Don't know too much about that, but it will also make for interesting research.

I will be sure to search for that discussion you referred to about genetics and the chemicals in our brain.

Hey, thanks again.

K