FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Parent of Adolescent BPD

Kylie18
Community Member

Hi there 

I may seeking to connect with other parents who are supporting their adolescent with BPD. My 17yr old daughter has recently been diagnosed with BPD and to say we are all struggling is an understatement. Hoping for some tips and to gain a better understanding to support her as well as myself. 

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

firstly, to apologise for the length of time it has taken for your post to be replied to.  Sorry. You should have to wait this long. 😞

That said. While I am not aware of any groups, there is the 

Australian BPD Foundation 

that you could google and check out their page. You might be able to contact them and find the support you are looking for there. 

snazzypretzel5
Community Member

Hi,

My daughter has BPD. She no longer lives with me, having left home at 17. She has just turned 20. We have been able to maintain our relationship but it can get rocky at times. I think my advice is to ensure that your daughter is getting support (I am sure she is) and please ensure that you have support as well because it can be an emotional roller-coaster for all parties concerned.

Ensure you understand the profile of BPD which includes extreme emotional sensitivities, lack of emotional regulation, ejection sensitivity and consistent feelings of emptiness. It is a complex condition that can change dramatically for moment to moment, and without any reason you can see.

BPD Forum is a great place to chat to other parents and share experience. I would recommend it most definitely.

All the best