FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

It is so hard to go on

Baileybasil
Community Member
Everything has fallen apart and it’s my fault entirely I don’t go through a day without wanting to die I just want it all to end I keep searching for answers but find none I’m giving up as the days go by
8 Replies 8

Sophie_M
Dear Baileybasil,

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we're worried about you. 
We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it. 

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we're worried about you. 
We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it. 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to the forums.

not sure what has been happening for you to feel that everything is your fault. You also mentioned looking for answers... I wonder what the questions are you have been asking. Please understand the people here are supportive and non-judgemental and reply with empathy. Sometimes it can be tricky to know what to write or how much to write. Many here have been really been in a low point in life and will resonate with what you say. I hope you will come back to and tell more of your story.

Peace to you, Tim

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Baileybasil, and a warm welcome to you and can I join Sophie_M and Tim in reaching out for support because it's exactly what you need and desperately want to help you.

Feeling like this may not produce the answers you're looking for, only because when we feel like this we're not sure where to begin and ask the questions that are too difficult to answer, rather than knowing it's possible to start slowly and gradually build up the confidence to be able to understand how and why you are this point in time.

I wonder if you will allow us to help you because some of us have been there ourselves.

Our best wishes.

Geoff.

jtjt_4862
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Baileybasil,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I'm always happy to listen to you if you'd like to chat about what has happened. The fact that you've posted on here as a start, is a sign of your courage and strength for wanting to look for help. Rest assure the community here is very supportive and loving. I hope you'll let us help you. We're always here for you my friend.

Jt

I’ve tried getting help but it’s useless, no one knows what actually helps you’re just left stranded to figure it out on your own. It failed to help my late best friend who took her own life. Happiness and motivation is something that sounds so foreign to me now. I can’t express my feelings because I don’t know how and my only support is my mother who has emotionally abused me to the point where I don’t remember my childhood and therefore what actually happened to me. It’s invalidating and puts me into a position to just shut down. I don’t remember the last time I said I love you out loud to anyone and meant it. It’s not something I feel now it’s something I say to people to get them off my case.

Hi Baileybasil,

Thank you for joining us on the Forums. We're sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. We can hear how low you've been feeling and how difficult it has been to get help. We hope our community here on the Forums can help offer some support and suggestions for where you can receive further support. 

Can we ask, do you have any mental health support? We understand it can be really tough to cope sometimes, especially if you don't have a lot of support from family or friends. If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. They will give you support and point you in the right direction for help in your area.

We'd also recommend getting in touch with Griefline - 1300 845 745. GriefLine provides counselling support services free of charge to individuals who are experiencing loss and grief. One of the friendly counsellors can offer you some support but also provide you with advice and referrals for seeing a counsellor in a more ongoing way.

If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help you through this. You're never alone, there's always support available. 

I don't know how to talk about it to people and psychologists just tell you to breathe, I've tried. There's nothing left

Hi. I am sorry to hear that has been your experience with mental health professionals. And the abuse you were exposed to from your mother. So ... I guess it would be natural tot think that nobody else understands or care or whatever.

But you are the here talking with us on the forum. We won't tell you to breath. We can listen to you tell your story if you want us to or let us? Anyway I hope you will come back to chat.