FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I won’t hurt myself but I want to

Jaxon-Cahill
Community Member

Over the past three days I’ve been having trouble with my girlfriend I’ve been with her a year now and she has made me so happy until she only recently mentioned that she had slept with someone else at the beginning of the relationship which I had since forgiven her from as she stayed up all night explaining herself to me 3 days ago I found out that she had been talking to around 10 other guys that had all asked her for nudes or made sexual comments about her and I confronted her about this I told her how much she had hurt me and her response was that she had no idea that I would have a problem with that and that it was normal she has been talking to me all day today but nothing at all on the first day I’m really struggling and I need some help coping

1 Reply 1

Siena_Rose
Community Member

Hi there,

People bring different sets of values into relationships and sometimes they don’t align with each other. We should always try to respect each others differences, but it doesn’t mean we have to live with them.

I’m sorry to hear you want to hurt yourself and I’m glad you’re finding the strength inside to not do anything harmful. Go and talk to a GP about some coping strategies, especially if you’re about to face a break up. The reality is, this is just a blip in time and you can get through it, come out the other side with more wisdom and more tools in your belt to keep moving forward in life. Take care.