FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Confused about life

Laur
Community Member

I feel like I don’t want to live in this life anymore

3 Replies 3

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Laur

I wish I was there sitting with you, encouraging you to vent so much of what feels so depressing for you, what feels so incredibly unbearable. It can be so tough, when we've been saying for weeks, months or even years 'I can cope, I can manage this' before finally reaching a point where we admit we just can't cope or manage any longer. Through my own experience, I've found the truth to be at times 'I can't manage this alone'. The next step becomes about finding a guide or guides that'll lead us to manage in a variety of new ways.

The guides we choose will depend on our needs. While becoming conscious of our needs may sound like a simple thing to achieve, at times it can be far from simple. I've lost count of the amount of times where I've thought 'I have no idea when it comes to what I really need'. I suppose you could say the first guide may be one who can help us better identify our needs. Considering 3 categories, are the needs mental, physical or soulful or is it a combo of 2 or all 3? If all 3, then it can be a matter of creating headings. Under 'MENTAL', is there a need to address outdated depressing belief systems, a need to manage inner dialogue, a need to change perception? Under 'PHYSICAL', is there a need to address chemistry (getting some blood tests done for a start), a need to address chemical energy through diet, hydration, sleep, kinetic energy (exercise) etc? Under 'SOULFUL', is there a need to address a depressing lack of inspiration, a need to address feelings, a need to take a particular soulful direction that you can really feel?

While the depths of depression can lead us to feel a life we can no longer tolerate, how to find the life we long to live can involve people raising us to find it.

Sophie_M
Hi Laur,  

We wanted to reach out and say thank you for your bravery in sharing to the forums, and also to check in with you to make sure that you’re ok.   

This is something you could discuss with the counsellors here at Beyond Blue, whether on the phone (1300 22 4636) or via webchat. If you’re feeling unable to avoid acting on thoughts of suicide or self-harm, this is an emergency, so please call 000 (triple zero). 

We’d really recommend checking out the Beyond Blue safety planning app if you haven’t already. You can read about how it works and where to download it here. You can even call Lifeline (13 11 14) and compete it with one of their counsellors over the phone if you'd like. 

Thank you again for posting, it’s a great step to have taken. There’s lots of lovely people on the forums who may be able to relate and we welcome you to update your thread with how you are feeling at any time. 

Kind regards,  

Sophie M   

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

this will just be a short post given the replies from therising and sophie_m.

firstly, to acknowledge the strength and courage it takes to post here. I am not sure what you are going through or what has happened. I want to know there are people here who care about you and will listen to you tell your story and respond accordingly.