FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Small achievement you managed to do today....How did it make you feel? Did it help you feel better today?

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone..

Their are days when just getting out of bed is a huge achievement...Other days we can achieve things like washing up the dishes or clothes, sweeping the floors, mopping the floors..very mundane and automatic robot like chores for the mentally well...They do these chores without even thinking about them...for people struggling with their mental health..these are huge tasks...

Very often I’ll get my vacuum cleaner out to vacuum ...then it will sit their for days, me looking at it, walking over it...until I can get motivated enough to vacuum..after I do find the motivation to vacuum...I am pleased with myself...
Right now I have a small foot cycling peddle machine, sitting on my front veranda..I got it out last week..to start exercising..it’s still their, I’m still looking at it...My thoughts each night is I’ll use it for a few minutes tomorrow..

My car hasn’t been washed getting close to a year now I think...Today I did managed to wash it....and discovered that it has a nice shine on it.....I did it...I achieved something positive today..which made me feel better in myself...

Have you achieved a little something today...and how did it make you feel...If you want to share that achievement it might make other people a bit more motivated to achieve something they need/want to do..

Looking forward to hearing about your achievement....and how it made you feel..

Little steps and achievements can lead to bigger steps..and bigger achievements...

My kindest and most caring thoughts...everyone.
Grandy...

475 Replies 475

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Grandy, those pesky around-the-house tasks are always the ones that get forgotten about, it's good to hear you got around to replacing old tiles!

Quirky, I'm sorry to hear about the trigger that reignited your anxiety around fires, that sounds horrible. Hopefully you're feeling better now that the news and initial shock have surpassed.

A bit of a random one but my small achievement today was putting my curling mousse in at just the right time after my shower with the right hair "scrunching" technique so my natural curls can be accentuated. I needed my hair done for my cousin's baby shower so I figured spending extra long on my curling routine should do the trick, and it worked out well! The baby shower was beautiful - a bit of a hike to get to, but it was lovely in the end.

SB

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone,

sbella, I have naturally curly hair, tends to be mostly be beyond frizz though….I straighten it each time I wash it as I just cannot control the frizz…I am so pleased to hear that you are able to control your beautiful curls….

I have never been to a baby shower, I’m so glad that you managed to get their, even if it was a bit of a hike and it turned out to be a beautiful time for you..

Today I need to get myself to my Drs surgery for skin cancer removal…only a couple of hours from now…I’m still in my pyjamas, trying to self talk myself to get showered and ready to go….not easy to do right now…thinking about those icky painful needles, stitches etc is daunting for me…

Hugs everyone..🤗…I can do this!

Grandy..

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello sbella, Grandy and All,

I’m glad you got your curls how you like them sbella and that the baby shower was beautiful.

I hope all went well with the op Grandy and you are comfortably home again now. I hope you can have a good rest.

My small achievement was actually for yesterday. I didn’t feel up to much for dinner with having Covid at the moment so I had a simple sandwich. But I had fresh fish in the fridge I didn’t want to waste by not cooking it. I preferred to cook it than freeze it. So although not feeling the best at the moment I managed to make a fish curry after dinner and put it away in the fridge. It was my lunch today and will be dinner tonight and at least lunch tomorrow too. It was yummy and I could taste it a bit even though I’ve lost quite a bit of my sense of taste and smell at the moment. Being a curry the flavour got through. I was happy I managed to make it and it has made today an easier day.

Blessings and hugs to Everyone 🤗💫🥰

ER, I like your stingray profile picture, is that new? I don't think I noticed that before.

Sorry to hear that you have covid, but that's great that you were able to taste even a bit of your food. 

Grandy, hope everything went well with your procedure, I too hate needles.

My small achievement was branching out from what I'd usually make myself for dinner and cooking some pesto pasta, making the pesto from scratch. I'm very slowly learning new recipes to add to my repertoire. 🙂

SB

I'm so happy today because I broke my cycle of procrastinating and did the stuff that I needed to finish. 

Kimmy, that's fantastic -- always a satisfying feat to beat procrastination.

Hi sbella and Kimmy,

Well done on your small achievements!

sbella that’s great you made the pesto from scratch. I remember doing that a very long time ago with some basil, pine nuts and olive oil and I think parmesan from memory. I imagine it was a very yummy and rewarding thing to have for dinner 🙂

Kimmy, I know that good feeling when you finally do things you’ve been putting off. I’m like that with housework. I kind of dread it beforehand but feel so good when I’ve done it 🙌 

Today is still early but yesterday my small achievements were getting some basic cleaning done in the bathroom and making a yummy and nutritious omelette for lunch with mushrooms and kale. I also put turmeric and cayenne pepper in too to give it some spice.

Hugs,

ER

Hi again SB,

Sorry I forgot to answer your question about the profile pic. A few months ago I tried putting up a profile pic of a stingray but it didn’t work at the time. Then just after BB recently did their upgrade it appeared. So it was sitting there in the background and just needed something to change to become visible. It’s meant to be an eagle ray but they are actually more brown with blue spots and that pic is more blue with pale, barely visible spots. But I thought it might do as an approximate eagle ray.

Basil, pine nuts, olive oil and parmesan is spot on, I also put in some garlic and a bit of salt and pepper to season, and oh my, best dinner I've ever had.

Now you've got me craving omelets too, that sounds divine. Tumeric and cayenne pepper are great for some spice, I'm sure that was a delicious meal too.

That's okay, it's still a stingray nonetheless! It's very cute, blue's my favourite colour so I like it.

My small achievement today was probably getting a load of washing done and up on the clothesline in the small window of sun we had today. 

A_smith4
Community Member

It's inspiring to hear about your accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem to others. Taking care of oneself and completing everyday tasks can be monumental achievements for those struggling with mental health. Your determination to wash your car and start exercising is commendable. Remember, progress is progress, no matter the size, and it's important to celebrate each step forward. Keep pushing forward, one small achievement at a time.