FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Small achievement you managed to do today....How did it make you feel? Did it help you feel better today?

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone..

Their are days when just getting out of bed is a huge achievement...Other days we can achieve things like washing up the dishes or clothes, sweeping the floors, mopping the floors..very mundane and automatic robot like chores for the mentally well...They do these chores without even thinking about them...for people struggling with their mental health..these are huge tasks...

Very often I’ll get my vacuum cleaner out to vacuum ...then it will sit their for days, me looking at it, walking over it...until I can get motivated enough to vacuum..after I do find the motivation to vacuum...I am pleased with myself...
Right now I have a small foot cycling peddle machine, sitting on my front veranda..I got it out last week..to start exercising..it’s still their, I’m still looking at it...My thoughts each night is I’ll use it for a few minutes tomorrow..

My car hasn’t been washed getting close to a year now I think...Today I did managed to wash it....and discovered that it has a nice shine on it.....I did it...I achieved something positive today..which made me feel better in myself...

Have you achieved a little something today...and how did it make you feel...If you want to share that achievement it might make other people a bit more motivated to achieve something they need/want to do..

Looking forward to hearing about your achievement....and how it made you feel..

Little steps and achievements can lead to bigger steps..and bigger achievements...

My kindest and most caring thoughts...everyone.
Grandy...

475 Replies 475

funny that sleepy. still remember first ever car was . lt grabbed your front wheels and dragged the car through- no turning back haha and l'm thinkin this things gonna kill me,

1 mtr monster round brushes hammering the car top sides bottom l'm thinking these things will strip the bloody paint and crush my bloody car. l thought they'd be really delicate on the car ha, forget it. To my surprise made it through in one piece and the car was spotless rx

hey rx

you got it 100 percent... the no turning back is the scary part!!!

that spotless car part sounds... perfect!!

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Lovely thread, guys. I like how you've normalised how hard it is sometimes to do even the "basics", Grandy.

Today I talked to someone about my anxiety. I knew I would cry and shake and it would be uncomfortable, but I decided to do it anyway. And I'm glad I did, because there's accomplishment in pushing through that discomfort, but also now that person understands and we can work together on strategies for dealing with it in this particular context. So I guess mine's a little like yours, Sleepy - speaking up even when it's hard.

As for your car, Grandy - inside AND out! That's huge! I wouldn't want to drive it now either lol

Thanks for this lovely thread. Katy

Katy, excuse me popping by but you had just posted and I saw it..

I was in the library today and there are so many books there about anxiety it just shows what a common problem it must be for people! So maybe it might help a teeny bit to remember that there are many others with the same problem as you have.. so you have lots of company (me included).

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey beautiful Grandy 👩‍❤️‍👩 and all lovelies 👋

Just tagging for now. Good thread huns

Hello everyone...

Dear Katy...I can understand how hard that would have been as I have a similar problem..

I think you had a huge achievement in doing that....especially when you knew that the tears and shaking will be apart of you while disclosing your anxiety and mh face to face....well done dear Katy...

The positive outcome dear Katy..is next time you speak to this person...it hopefully will be much easier....

My kindest thoughts lovely lady..

Grandy..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Deebi....

Thank you for tagging..it lovely to see you here..🦋..

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grandy! Such a beautiful thread, thankyou sweet lady.

You must be SO PROUD of your car now Grandy! Bugs be gone lol!

So true how hard it is when suffering from depression & anxiety.
I remember this feeling so vividly. Some "bits" still linger especially when I've had a rough time, like the past 24h.

It was fear that stopped me washing my car for the longest time.
Fear I'd be seen by perps, be put in danger, even in my own driveway.
Fear that I wouldn't have money after paying for a car wash. Money I would desperately need.
Always fear of some thing or another.

I'm good with doing it now. Some times, not too often. 😉

This afternoon I did something I was also fearful of.
Same ole same ole, "go to feelings" for recent reasons.

I just decided to go into Spotlight.
Realised I was anxious but pushed through with it anyway.
Asked one lovely shop assistant so many questions about different things.
She was SO patient (I was fearful she'd snap at me but she answered kindly every time).

Then I was fearful that the things I was choosing for the kids, they'd hate, ridicule me or the like.
The total opposite happened.
They were SO in love with what I bought them. Thrilled in fact.

Then I wondered why I put myself through the elongated fear scenarios.
I know why it's a "go to".
Just not why I still go TO.

New Vet for rescue poodle tomorrow. Feeling fearful about that now and can't sleep. He'll be fine. It's just recent bad experiences with previous Vets.

Many Blessings everyone.
Hugs Grandy
Love EM

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello ecomama...

I haven’t been inside Spotlight nor any other store other then the Woolworth and Coles in so many years now.., out of fear on being on my own....So I must admit I’m a little jealous that you were able to do that...and very proud of you at the same time.....Well done lovely lady....

How beautiful that your children loved your gift...Fear is strange the way it makes us think.,,puts all these scenarios into our head that we believe...unfortunately it’s so hard to unbelieve them though....

It’s beautiful to hear that your fears are no put to rest....hmmm until the next time..

Hope you and everyone else enjoys their weekend..and ecomama.....please enjoy your new rescue poodle...he/she will have a beautiful life full of love and care....with you and your family....

Love with caring hugs everyone..

Grandy...

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Grandy, thankyou.

I took poodle to the New Vet today.
It was a palaver lol, he barked all the way in the car and they were running "15 mins late" which actually converted to 45 mins late..
We both came home, ate then had a long nap together lol.

We've had poodle for 3y now, it was the Vet that was new. He had huge anxiety when he arrived so we carried him around in a baby sling for months (and today I had to hold him like a baby darling pup).

Grandy I would love to go into Spotlight with you.

I listed the fears in my head as I walked across the car park to Spotlight yesterday.
(demon had been across the road at my kid's work a few days before you see)...
As I listed them I KNEW some were not around anymore, so wrote those ones off.

I faced the fears, walked right thru them and power walked IN.

Aha NEW ones surfaced omg lol!
Then I realised "I can just bring the stuff back if the kids don't like it".
So continued... in fact they had to get me out at closing time!

Love to you always dearest Grandy
EMxxxx