FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

494 Replies 494

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

Thank you for your heartfelt thoughts. I always love them. I have been able to pick myself up a bit and not feel so overwhelmed. I've been doing a lot of 'what if' & realised I don't need to figure everything out right now, esp as I'm stuck in isolation. Gratitude is sooooo important. I did say I would speak up abit more this year where appropriate to do so. I've cleaned and freshened by bathrooms today, washed towels. It's cleansing. Next is vacuum ing. Clear away negativity, clear the mind. Remember times when I really focussed on what i wanted. When i envisioned & could feel it & it came to me. I want to get back on that vibration.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

It's definitely hard to tune into inspiration, get a solid connection, when thoughts hold a kind of erratic almost deafening frequency. 'I have to do this, do that, do all things and all those things and do them all by a certain time' is definitely not a calm inviting kind of vibe. Such a sense of urgency can, these days, leave me on the verge of hyperventilating if I'm not careful. Relaxing and proclaiming to the powers that be 'Okay, I'm more relaxed now, so how do I manage this stage of my life?' is a far more inviting vibe. What naturally comes to mind may be 'It's time for a gradual clean out of the old' or 'Have faith and simply manage one thing at a time' or 'Trust that you're on track for where you need to be'. It's like you just know the second you're 'tuned in'. What comes to mind offers relief and/or inspiration. You can feel yourself back on track. On track feels good, it feels calm. Feels like the powers that be have got your back.

I may have mentioned before what comes to mind when I imagine I have some sense of guidance beside me is something I find amusing. If I imagine I have some guide beside me, there would be times that would leave them smacking their forehead in frustration, shaking their head in disbelief while rolling their eyes to the heavens proclaiming 'My god this woman is frustrating! Will she never learn?'. You know those moments when you're going with the flow and everything's fantastic and then, all of a sudden, you start going against the flow. You start stressing and melting back into that sense of self that has little faith in the powers that be. You know those 'Why have you abandoned me?!' moments. As they say, the flow is always there, our choice is to tune into it or not.

Sounds like you've returned to the flow and your house is looking good. A win win. It can be hard to tune back in when there are so many challenges and distractions going on around us. As my daughter occasionally advises me 'If you want to choose your vibe, pick the music (to listen to) that's going to raise it'. She's a wise one. Do you have some music you're working to these days?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I've hit a roadblock in my life. I'm pretty sure it's my relationship causing it.

I'm stuck, can't breathe properly. Cannot see the way forward.

Hi CMF,

We are sorry to hear that you are feeling stuck at the moment. We just wanted to remind you that you're not alone and both Beyond Blue and our online community members are here with you.

We want you to know that there is always extra immediate support available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14). It might also be worth getting in touch with an organisation called Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277 who provide relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.

We hope you will keep us updated with how you're going.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you dear Sophie,

I truly appreciate you reaching out. I'm ok. I will be ok.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

I feel for you so much. Relationships can be so tough to navigate. 'Am I being too emotional? Are my emotions blocking my clear vision of the future? Am I not being emotional enough (aka feeling numb) when I need to be feeling more, feeling my way through this situation? Is there something wrong with me? Is it him/her? Is it us? What in hell is going on?!' Relationships can definitely feel like hell on earth sometimes, that's for sure. So many questions can put us on the verge of hyperventilating.

Not sure whether it's relatable but I've gradually come to find that when I'm on a downer in my marriage, that downer signifies a significant challenge toward growth is in play. While I've come to recognise this, it hasn't stopped me from thinking 'Oh, sh*t, not another challenge! Is the relationship really worth this many challenges?'. I've been with my husband for more than 20 years and there have been a lot of challenges over those years. I've found each one typically comes down to one significant question, phrased in a variety of ways, 'What am I being challenged to do or recognise here? What am I being challenged to 'wake up to?' What am I not seeing?'. I suppose it's kinda like 'I can't see anything beyond this goddamn roadblock! It's obscuring my view'.

If I wanted to get seriously philosophical I'd say 'With every roadblock there's a detour. We're forced to take a detour, not focus on the block.' Perhaps clearer vision's gained on the detour.

Not sure if it will help triggering the imagination but if you were to imagine you're on a street and you've come to a roadblock and there's a detour pointing down a side street, what's in the side street? Imagine shops. Is there a shop that's all about taking care of you (spa, massage, something related to relaxation and personal well being)? Can you see if there's perhaps a place that involves some form or counseling/guidance, whether that's mental or spiritual guidance or perhaps a combo of both? Is there a place you've been before that you feel compelled to revisit? Maybe there's a car yard, with the car you need to buy, if it's time for a new one. Perhaps you can see a group of people who are calling you over to join a new circle, in the way of personal growth. Could this be a new stage you're entering into? Can you see anything down that side street in your mind that stands out?

Toughest thing of all is when you find your partner is happier taking a back seat, rather than helping you navigate 🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you therising for your wisdom. All you say makes perfect sense.

I have been asking 'why the roadblock?' amongst other things. My partner agrees with looking at why it is there, but this is no help.

Yes, it is very frustrating he takes a back seat and says ' that's just how it is'. He's happy ,has all he wants but I'm the one missing out (all in my thread). I'm watching him play happy family with his sister & kids while I'm alone.

Maybe the roadblock means I'm not meant to be there? He also says I am focussing on 1 negative amongst many positives, but it's a big negative, always in my face as we cannot have any privacy or normality at his house. It's like I'm visiting a married couple. We were so close to normality then the roadblock was placed in our way again. She's very nice but dominant in every way.I'm not one to just sit & accept things like him. Maybe I need to turn around and go back to where I was before him? Maybe it's a dead end, no detour? I'm on a very low vibration, can't manifest or think postive thoughts. I know I'm attracting what I don't want but my fight is gone. I feel I have nothing left to fight again. We were 1 step forward now 10 steps back. The block was being removed, now it has been dropped right in front of me again. Ì can't go through this for another few years.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

Definitely sounds like a significant road block. I suppose it's kind of like you feel like you're both happily co-navigating the relationship when all of a sudden he says the equivalent of 'Okay, now we're going my way baby, suck it up and enjoy the view'.

I can relate to where you're coming from in some ways. My husband is perfectly happy with the way the relationship is as long as I'm suppressing my need and expression for it to evolve into something that serves us both. He's basically a good guy but I've come to realise basically doesn't cut in in my world anymore. I've raised the bar, having realised there's no sense of adventure, no exciting plans to look forward to as a couple and not much of anything else that he regards as unnecessary work. He's happy as things are. Lucky him! Of course, raising the bar when someone else is happy with the level the bar's set at creates problems. I'll give you a very simple example of having raised expectations but to what I feel is to a perfectly reasonable level under the circumstances (in my opinion anyway). He's basically thoughtful and I appreciate that to some degree. When basically thoughtful means he's thought about taking the washing off the line after work, for example, because I get home later when it's actually dark, this is good. I do appreciate not having to take the washing off the line in the dark. The 'taking it up a level' aspect comes down to him having left his washing in the basket along with the rest of the family's for me to put away. Dude, really?

I imagine, being a very thoughtful person yourself, there are days where you'd be left thinking 'Am I the only person who's willing to take it up levels (of consciousness)? Is everyone else functioning at basic level they're happy with?'.

Nothing wrong with raising the bar in order for us to evolve beyond a low bar 🙂

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If you feel the challenge is his, regarding his sister, and he won't face it, it sounds like you taking full responsibility for a challenge he's happy not facing. The responsibility you face is 'Managing no private time with the 2 of you as well as managing the emotions that come with that'. I suppose it's a matter of raising the bar to the level known as 'co-operation'. Kind of like you saying 'Okay, I'll take responsibility for the emotions I face on the days where there's no private time for us if you take responsibility for managing days where there is (private time)'. Is he being challenged to co-operate but it's easier for him not to? If he's happy with her and the kids living with him, perhaps the challenge for him is about thinking outside the square while they are living there. I think you deserve plenty of romantic weekends away by the sound of it 🙂

I swear CMF, I married someone just like my father in certain ways. Just about anything that involves some emotional challenge is a trigger for them to turn around and walk off. This is definitely a massive trigger for the one longing to resolve emotional issues, so as to move on beyond them (graduate to a whole new happy healthy level of the relationship). I watched my mum deal with so much stress on her own because my dad didn't like how stress made him feel. So much easier reaching emotional maturity together, rather than trying to do it on your own. Can feel so lonely at times. So easy to feel resentment on occasion.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

I love that thought..."...I'll take responsibility for the emotions I face on the days where there's no private time for us if you take responsibility for managing days where there is (private time)" you're right. Why should it all be my responsibility? I do feel better today. Back at work, busy, feeling positive. I've made a list of things I want to get done. I'm putting it out there to achieve these goals. I'm motivated. I'm having another reading done this week. First one was pretty accurate, looking forward to seeing what comes up in this one...

Cmf x