FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

JUICING for mental health

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi all 👋

I've recently bought a juicer and have been making fruit/veg juices and have noticed it making a difference to my mental health. I'm clearer, more energized and I just know I'm giving my body many health benefits by drinking pure extracted fruits and vegetables. I thought I'd start this thread for us juicers or wannabe juicers to share juicing recipes. It's become my new "thing".
🍎🍍🍐🍉🍊🍑🍓🍒🍌🥝🍠🥕🥒🥬🥦
131 Replies 131

Hi Matchy,

Thanks for the contribution. I'm yet to try that one. I have however had this one with pineapple.

3 apples
10 large carrots
1 small to medium pineapple
Parsley 1/4 cup ( optional)

Keep the juice/ smoothie recipes coming great people. I'm with you Shelll, I also have a passion for health. Not to say I'm always eating healthily. But these juices are helping me a lot.

I don’t like kale or oranges in juices. I don’t have a juicer.
what ingredients do you like to lift your mood. I like ginger.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey m_m

What kind of juicer do you use? I'd like to give some of these a go. I don't like cooking, so sounds like a good way to get in some nutrition.

Thanks, Katy

Hey Quirky,

When there's other ingredients, and just a small amount of kale is added I find you sometimes don't even know it's there. Other flavours can overtake it. Honestly some of these ingredients on paper look gross to me but the fruit in the juices make them sweet and I suprisingly like it. It's been a sweet surprise.

I do think ginger is a good mood lifter.

The whole juice to be honest lifts my mood. It could just be a couple whole foods in it but I wouldn't know. I just know they as a whole make me feel better.

Hi Katy!

The juicer I bought is a Breville one from Big W, it was $119. Nutri Bullet have been advertising theirs which I think is $149. My friend got his from Kmart, said it was only $50 and I've seen them as high as $500.
I did a Google search prior to buying one and had a look from there. The juicers I'm referring to have a chute where U put the fruit and veg in and push it down with a food pusher, it then separates the liquid which empties into a jug. Mine even came with a brush for cleaning.

These juices are just whole fruits and veg so much better for you than the store bought ones full of sugar. I now find I'm craving healthy food. I believe once you get into the habit of drinking them you crave them.

Hey, great! My Big W has one in stock. Do you need to chop/peel/core the fruits and veg?

Hi Katy,

Yes, it's a large chute so you can fit whole cucumbers, carrots, and large pieces of other fruit and veg etc down there. I personally don't peel my carrots or cucumbers but others do. I know you have to peel the skin off oranges, lemons, limes etc. And you can't leave seeds in stone fruit.

It comes with an instruction manual which explains everything.

I've just seen a green pina colada juice that I just have to try next.

Pina Colada~

1 banana
1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
2 kiwifruit, peeled
1/2 baby cos lettuce
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
3 apples
1 lime
1 1/2 cups coconut water

Can't wait to try this one. It's next on my list.

This pina colada sounds refreshing MM and I am imagining it will be a pretty light green colour.

I am thinking you will juice everything but the banana and coconut water. Then add it to a blender along with the banana. Maybe your juicer does banana?

Or is it a large smoothie?

Think I will go try something similar, I have a few of those pina colada ingredients.

And yeah tumeric is excellent. I have added fresh tumeric to juices before.

I have not had any breakfast, so I am going to see what sort of pina colada I can make.

This is my attempt on your recipe MM. It tastes pretty good, but I think mint in it would be even nicer. Just needed to use whatever I had at home.

Juiced

1 pink lady apple

1/2 continental cucumber

1 lime

Handful of organic baby spinach

A few bits of cos lettuce

Blended that up with

1/2 frozen banana

1 cup frozen pineapple

1/2 cup chilled coconut water