FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to Host an Online Games Night

Wishes
Community Member

Something I've really struggled with in iso is being able to create a space where meaningful connections and laughs can be created with my friends. So I thought I'd detail some ideas as to how to host a games night online, which I can personally say I've done and did not regret!

SOME STEPS

1. Choose your platform- Zoom? Facebook Messenger Video Chat? Facetime? Skype? Google Meet? Microsoft Teams? The options are endless! Send out the link to your friends, and dedicate some time to a great hangout.
  2. Pick a theme. No, seriously. It sounds silly, but it brings the level of the games night that next step up. We had a 'Wild West' theme one night, and my friends all tried to find a cowboy hat, a plush toy stallion, and some kind of flannel! Other ideas include 'Royalty', 'PJ night', 'When I Grow Up...', 'Anything but a Hat', 'I'd Never Wear This Out', 'Crazy Hair', 'Masked Mayhem' and 'All White/Black/Red' night.
  3. Pick some games! Let me list some out.
    1. Scattergories. It's a classic. Type in 'Scattergories' into Google Images, pick a list, pick a random letter, and set a timer for 3 minutes! You write down a word for every category in the list beginning with that letter, and hope that no one else wrote it down too, or you lose that point!
    2. House Hunt. You give each other a list of 5 household items, and the first one to bring every item onto screen first wins! For example, you may say "Bring me a banana, a spoon, a book, a towel and a spatula!".
    3. Skribbl.io - This game is an online one, but just requires a link to be sent out to play! It's basically live, online pictionary. So fun.
    4. Household Fashion Show - Make your room the runway! The participants have 3 minutes to find an item for categories you decide to make up. For example, you may say construct an outfit out of some kind of paper, a bowl, a sheet, a pair of gloves and a hat.
    5. Jumbled Jargon - Get a really long word that no one will know the definition of. Put the word in chat, and have everyone private message you their version of the definition. Then, send everyone's definitions into the group chat or read them out. Players get a point if people believe their definition is the correct one, or if they guess the correct definition of the word!

These are just a few ideas to improve your pixel parties. Let me know below if you have any other games that you are using to connect with friends at the moment! Excited to see a thread full of fun ideas.

6 Replies 6

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Wishes...

I have never heard of online games night before now..

They sound like they could be a lot of fun..

Thank you so much for detailing how to go about doing one..and the great ideas..

If is something I will think about doing..

With the COVID and isolating going on..this would be a great way for families to get together over the Internet...

My kindest thoughts with care..

Grandy..

Wishes
Community Member

Hey Grandy!

I'm so glad this has given you some ideas, they've made for some great fun nights-in!

Let me know how it goes if you decide to do one with your family or friends 🙂

Wishing you all the best, hope your days are bright!

Best,
Wishes

Great idea Wishes!

I loooooove games and have been doing a lot of Zoom games and trivia with friends and family during the pandemic. I play skribbl.io with my girlfriend a lot as well!

I'm wondering if you're familiar with the Jackbox Party Pack? One of the games especially, Quiplash, is ideal to play on a shared screen and is always good for some laughs.

Best,

Gems

Hey Gems!

Oh man. I looooove Jackbox. And I had completely forgot about it until you just mentioned it! Definitely need to play that soon with my friends, thank you for the suggestion!

Skribbl.io is our crowd favourite I think, it just doesn't get old! Happy gaming!

Best,
Wishes

Guest_1055
Community Member

Thankyou dear Wishes for your ideas there. Does sound fun. Would love to do all that and I would love to laugh.

You are very welcome Shelll! Hope it inspires a fun time for you 🙂