FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

DOG, a New Years resolution;

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

I have made many new years resolutions over the years, I think I've resolved to lose weight for the last twenty odd! My target this year is alcohol, so I am seeing how many Days Off Grog I can have. I started on NYE day so will have completed sixteen by the end of the fifteenth. Is anyone doing this? If you want to do it with me, just post your number of days. Anything else is optional.

Kind regards, John.

75 Replies 75

Hi John and Neil,

Firstly, glad you're feeling better John. 51 days racked up, back on the water after an accident, well done for making that switch quickly and for 51 days!

And Neil, the epic fail was that the trail I wanted to go on I couldn't find.  it felt like a failure at the time because I wasn't enjoying any of it.  But in hindsight, I suppose it was 5 km more than I'm used to doing, so I should be looking at that.  And I have no idea where you got FNQ from...

Trying to be proud of myself, I'm working on it.

take Care

Joelle

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there

Another weekend gone by and still the world goes around and around.

John, super, absolutely superb effort with the 51 days and don’t look at it now as you’re back to Day One again because that simply ain’t true.  You’re now at Day 51 and when your next day comes and goes it’ll be Day 52 and so on.  The numbers will climb and climb.  Awesome stuff.

Joelle, as John said to cycle for that distance is an awesome effort and so yes, you should be feeling very proud of yourself AND that you did 5km further than what you’re used to doing.   So just keep chipping away at it – remember that routine becomes habit.

Kind regards

Neil

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks mate, day 54.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

Have you heard of Hello Sunday Morning? I saw a presentation last year by the guy who started it, there are some really inspirational stories there. 

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

I can recall Oprah Winfrey when on a diet. Then she broke it.

"well, y'all, I'm just goin' to get back on it again".

Same with anyone of you that breaks your stint. Well done.

John, its been nearly 2 months and you have been stubbornly determined to keep up the will power. Great stuff mate.

Hi White Knight,

I am a fan of Oprah!

I have been reading this thread and wondering how the DOG are going for all. According to my calculations , 74? John. Hope its going well.

Cheers ( with sparkling H2O) !,

Mrs Pickles

Btw - Calorie King Aus is another great forum for weight loss motivation.

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

Oprah Winfrey