FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What is it called if i feel like both genders and like both genders?

Tayy
Community Member
Im a female but on some days i feel more like a male than a female and i also been crushing on my girl bestie as well as my boy bestie. What do i do?
4 Replies 4

Strawby
Community Member
I would recommend not to get too caught up on labels and just be yourself but I understand how confusing our identities can be. It sounds like you’re probably bisexual (some prefer to go by pan sexual or just queer) and possibly gender fluid - some days you feel like a boy, some days a girl, and some days neither. Don’t be scared to box yourself into something and always remember if you come out and your feelings change later you can always come out again as what fits you better!

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Tayy, it doesn’t really matter because this is your life, you choose who you want to feel close to and even guys who have their best mate wouldn't do anything without them, likewise with a female.

Girls are allowed to dance together, that's accepted at any function, whereas males dancing together may be different, that should not be the case, so what's stopping you from having a crush on your best female friend as well as your male friend, nothing, don't restrict yourself, what happens, happens, allow yourself to believe it's an open world these days and the only time when people are questioned is when they don't accept the freedom and squash any taboo that once exited.

Geoff.

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Tayy,

Welcome, and thank you for your question.

The technical term for identifying with both genders is 'bigender' (identifying with both male and female) and 'bisexual' (romantic feelings for both). Although I agree with everyone else in how important it is to try not to get caught up in a label. Our gender identities don't fit in boxes anymore, and however you identify or however you feel- you won't be alone in it.

If you're interested, QLife has some great support available on their website where you can talk about this more both anonymously and free. www.qlife.org.au

I hope this helps a little. I can't answer the question about what to do when you are crushing on two people but you know yourself the best 🙂

rt

Trans22
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just be happy being you.  Trying to fit yourself into a label can lead to problems - it definitely lead to a very long (30+ years) run of confusion and depression for me.  Personally, I'm trying to switch to a "the label trans-woman comes closest to describing me" mentality