FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Some LGBTQA+ Positivity!

PandoranMama
Community Member

A quick glance in this forum had me feeling awkward and kinda down, with how many people are scared about their feelings about their gender, or people realizing that the people they love and know are wanting to explore their identity.

So I thought that maybe a thread for some positivity for my fellow queer people to post in would do some good!

So if you're wanting to share some amazing things that have happened and have to do with your identity, then please share! I'll start...

Hi, I'm Mads, Mama or Yeen mostly. New nicknames are always welcome.

I'm a Non-Binary/Genderqueer, Asexual, Queer, and Indigenous person who currently resides in Queensland. I've only really been part of the queer community since around like 2015-16, and only more recently did I find out I was Asexual, but figuring things out have made a lot of things make sense.

I'm planning to go and visit my gf next year, as they live in Chicago, damn LDRs lol, and it will be the first time we've seen each other face-to-face since we've been dating. We met when I visited the US in 2017, but that was two years before we got together — out anniversary is at the end of this month(Nov 29th).

I'm so excited, but damn is flying not cheap, lol

4 Replies 4

PandoranMama
Community Member

Oh, I also use They/Them pronouns!

Please be sure to share yours when posting so no one misgenders you!

Hi PM, welcome

I'm not the ideal to discuss sexuality with however a few things.

In the 1970's I was a prison officer in the notorious Pentridge Jail and had many conversations with male trans inmates mainly talking about my on again off again relationship with my girlfriend. Wow, what great advice and kind hearted people. Now my wife has 2 gay nephew/niece. Great relations.

I wrote this some time ago, hope you like it, comment if you like.

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/sexuality-and-gender-identity/lgbtiq-not-conventional-you-are-st...

TonyWK

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yeen! Oh you gorgeous person! lol. I LOVED seeing this Thread you created! THANK YOU! 

Wow you have an LDR with a U.S. based person like I do, SNAP! Great hey? lololol. 
I haven't seen my Fiance since ummm 2019 when he visited here. We've spent months together before then and every time was awesome! 

I'm a female, mama, grandmama, ECO passionate lol, what else? Oh yeah I'll come out as heterosexual (see below lol). I'm OPEN to learning as much as I can!!!! 

I want to share a story with you Yeen which I am SO GRATEFUL for truly. 
So I've always been open about talking with my kids about the birds and the bees lol no matter HOW uncomfortable I was eeek... (having Missionary parents didn't help with any openness about anything really lol). 
My youngest daughter was talking with her friend on the phone, d supporting her friend in "coming out". 
I heard her friend ask my d, "So how did you come out to your parents?"
My d said "Oh I didn't have to "come out", we just are who we are in my family, so nothing's changed, no biggie". 

MY HEART SUNG!!! YES! We arrived lol. 

My catchphrase was and still is, "If heterosexual people don't have to "come out" then why should ANY ONE else have to". 
And indeed I see the need for it for some families / people. I think it's inequitable that's all. 

Damn flying is NOT cheap! LOLOL. 
I am so happy for you. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both! I'm very excited for you going out there again. 

Love EM

Trans22
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I felt no compulsion to come out as I was trying to determine my sexuality while pretending to be a man - I suppose I implicitly came out to people who had "fun" with me.  However, I was very compelled to come out as a trans-woman to lots of people (work & personal life).  I have come out as heterosexual trans-woman to a few of these people.