FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hey

LeeLeeMagee
Community Member
Umm, so hiya. My name is Liam and I am a 15 year old transgender male and things have been really hard, I am suffering and cry everyday. I have some real bad friends and I have been struggling, so I just wanted to connect with someone who understands my pain, someone who won't make me feel uncomfortable about my self-harm, i just want to feel heard
3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Liam, I am very sorry, being in your particular situation must be very difficult for you, especially when you don't have any special friends who understand what you're going through.

I's really good you have posted your comment, because you aren't alone and there will be many people who will read this and associate with you.

What you do and how you feel is not anybody's concern unless you want them to know, and to those that you consider as bad friends, change your routine and plan a different way of life.

You can talk with Kids Helpline as well 1800 55 1800 by phone, web chat or online as well as Qlife on 1800 184 527, and please get in touchwith us.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Liam,

Welcome to the forums, we're so happy to have you here! As Geoff has mentioned, you're certainly not alone. I'm sorry your friends have been making things harder for you, perhaps these are not the right friends for you. Are there any other people you could spend your time with at school? Also, have you spoken to your school counsellor? They will be familiar with your school and students so might be able to give some advice. 

Life can change at any moment and I'm hoping happier days are in your very near future. 

Best wishes,

Beeee

Eve_8
Community Member

Hey Liam,

I'm really sorry. I, myself, am bisexual and I could never assume or even begin to understand what you're going through but I know what it's like to feel so lost and invisible in a bad environment. I know what it's like to self harm and wanting to not be alienated for needing a way to cope.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. However, if you feel that you aren't comfortable speaking to someone who is not transgender then I understand. But please know that you are not alone and I am here to listen.