FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Asexual with lesbian tendencies

Captain T
Community Member

Hi all

Im a little confused as to how I feel. Some deep soul searching and I know that I am asexual. I’m not interested in sex. But I like the closeness of a female relationship, not that I’m sure I want that. Is this possible or do I have everything all wrong? 

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

firstly, apologies for the delay in anyone responding to you. I hope (truly) that you get to see this. And ... hopefully my reply will make a little (as in some) sense to you -

Before I say (what I was going to) I want you to know that it is OK to feel confused. But I would also say here that you do you. When I comes to my mental health, I have to say that I have garden variety depression, anxiety etc. I also a medical thing, and there it also sits in a grey area. It is sometimes hard (?) to not be able to put myself into a box/category if some sort, because that would be so much easier. So I will throw this question to you ...

What stops a person from both asexual and having to desire of a female relationship?

After all, we (humans) are made for connection. I guess it depends on the type of connection. And in your case, it might be asexual. I am not saying what it is or isn't. It does not make you odd or having it wrong. It makes you... you.

Listening if you want to chat more...

leefarrell
Community Member

It's completely valid to feel unsure or confused about your feelings, especially when it comes to something as personal as sexuality.

Being asexual means not feeling sexual attraction, but it doesn't mean you can't desire or enjoy close emotional relationships, whether they're with friends or potentially something more romantic.

Everyone's experiences with sexuality and relationships are unique, so there's no right or wrong way to feel.

Take your time to explore and understand what feels right for you.

It's okay to have questions and uncertainties along the way.