FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Never understand

Will never understand
Community Member

Well it’s been nearly five years since my son went to jail. The first 4 we thought was okay but in the past 6 months it’s been hell. We were blackmailed by not so nice people. Extorchist there called to protect our son they said. We did fold and gave them a large some of money but when they threatened my sons life and said they were coming for me, that was the final straw, I went to the detectives but sadly unless we had proof that she threatened  my life, we had nothing really. My son was in a cell .23 hours a day but finally got moved 3 weeks ago to another jail. I do wonder what will happen when he gets out. So many friends say he can’t come home but as a mother I have to protect him. I don’t think I will ever understand why he is we’re he is today because that wasn’t the son I protected growing up. Something has happened to him and he found drugs and alcohol to numb his pain but sadly at someone else’s expense. Will never understand or forgive my son for what he has done but he is my son. Why can’t friends not judge and just be there, I don’t understand. I no in a heartbeat I would be there for them, no judgement. When do you no to let go of that friendship?!

3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello and sorry no one has replied back to you and whatever has happened with son might have been done in a search for an easy answer, unfortunately drugs and alcohol don't allow us to think clearly or in a sensible way to be able to make a clear decision and the courts rule on the actual event and the end cause.

Friends can be afraid to associate with one of their mates who's been in jail from pressure from others who believe it may not be a good idea, as he may be on parole or kept an eye on by the police.

Everybody has an opinion on what's happened and may make their own decision, whether or not it's viable may change from person to person, this all depends on whether your son can or wants to accept this and if not, then he has to make a choice whether he wants to remain friends, sometimes it may be easier for all to make a fresh start.

I know this will create a great deal of heartache, but you don't want to be around people who constantly want to spark the fire.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Hi Geoff, thank you for your thoughts, I have only just back on forum. It’s been a hard road for the past 12 months. Sadly when you a small you become a target in jail , but 3 days to go🙏 till I can hug my son again. Then it is upto him what happens next. Life in prison hasn’t been easy for anyone but as a mother does, we are there to the end.  Just hope that he begins a new life and shows people he is a good person. All I can say to other mothers feeling awful. Breathe, take time for yourself and count the days till you get to hug your son again. Xx

Hello Will never understand

I am sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

I can't say I understand much either - not ever being in such circumstances as you, your son or the family & friends around you. All I am sure of is it is difficult for you all. As his mum I understand how you will support him no matter what. You couldn't bear not to.

I hope so, too, that he finds a better way to go through life when he is released. He will certainly need a lot of support. If it feels too much for you, don't be afraid to reach out for help to support you, & to encourage him to find support he needs to rebuild his life.

I'm also sorry the detectives weren't more helpful to you either. I find that very disappointing. Nevertheless, if you feel you are threatened & in danger, do't hesitate to call 000.

Hugzies

mmmekitty