FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I just don't know what to do

Wallabee
Community Member

Wife came back from family visitation and she is clearly ignoring me.

i think we are it, I think she decided it was over in her mind and on top of that I think she is having an affair or preparing the ground for another man....

10 Replies 10

pipsy
Community Member

Hi Wallabee.  I certainly hope your return trip is uneventful.  Unfortunately I can't speak for the immigration dept, all I can say is, they're not ruled by emotions, just facts.  I had to return to N.Z 20 years ago when my mother died, unexpectedly.  While on the plane, I filled out the required forms.  Where it asked why I was returning i.e business, pleasure, holiday etc, I put down 'other'.  As I was going through where you show your passport, the lady behind the counter asked me straight out why I was returning.  When I said funeral, she just stared at me.  All I can say is: if you are asked why you're returning, just say, quietly, failed relationship.  No, you're not a monster, you committed no crime, just chose wrong.  You won't be going to jail for what happened.  Hold your head proud, keep telling yourself, you did your best.  What happened was beyond your control, you can't tell others how and what to feel.  As I said before, use what happened as a guide when you meet another girl.  If you give love ,freely, which I'm sure you did, and whoever you meet is as sincere as you, that's as good as it gets.  Try not to be too suspicious of your next girl (when you meet your next girl). 

By the way, the girl you're leaving is losing a very good person.