FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hurting from the unknown

Safeasmilk
Community Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Ben and this is my first post. I'm looking for some advice/support.

I had met someone a couple of years back and we have been staying in contact via Skype. I'm not quite sure how I'd label our relationship but I have strong feelings for her but unfortunately our distance makes it hard for anything to develop at the moment. Therefore I use exercise and working towards buying my first house as a way to keep my mind focused and to not delve into living in a fantasy world. A few weeks ago I lost complete contact with her and not sure if she has deleted me or there is a technical issue with Skype (as I have read that this has happened before) I have tried to get in contact with her but to no avail. I don't want to come across as needy or being a nuisance but the unknown thoughts are hurting me deeply as I am so confused and scared I may never have contact with her again.

Just for some background on me I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and panic a lot when things are not working. At the moment I don't feel like doing anything other then crawling up and laying in bed or turning to alcohol to help me be happy and not worry so much. I hope this isn't stupid but I do care for this person very much and it feels like this situation has taken over my life.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ben

40 Replies 40

Hi Ben

Agree with Paul. Don't apologise for not logging in. I have a week where I don't get to log on everyday and another where I can jump on more frequently.

After the day I posted, later that night my partner came over and was his usual self. He has been away for couple weeks to Melbourne and I told him to go to Vietnam as he was pondering on it. Told him be a good break from the chaos at home so hopefully it has helped. Am taking it day by day and have my up days and down days.

I hope you are doing fine.

Anony