FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feel like I'm battling it alone

Bubbaloo84
Community Member
I am a single mum have been for nilly 3 years. I don't have anyone who I can really trust in "my circle" well not really a circle only have my sister and brother but feel I can't load my problems on them. I'm currently going through a divorce as my ex husband served them on me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm screaming on the inside but just can't say how I am truly feeling... It's Like I'm scared of my feelings. Scared of what I am and who I have become.. I'm so broken on the inside that I feel if I start to break on the outside I just don't know what's going to happen... I feel I have to stay strong for a little girl that is in my world. My four year old daughter. I'm so unhappy miserable and hurt. 
11 Replies 11

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

yes it can be heart breaking when a child says they love the other parent more, especially when you are the one doing all the hard work!  Rest assured, she didn't say it to hurt you and wouldn't under stand how it made you feel.  She doesn't understandand all that's happened and though she may miss her dad, I think it's common for kids to say they love the other parent more I.e. The one they don't see much.  As she gets older she'll start to understand how much you do in comparison.  I'm sorry to hear of how you got to this point.  It's awful having post natal depression anda partner who doesn't or won't try to understand or help. I used to get I just wanted attention. Ok, so things happened and regardless of whether they are right or wrong it has nothing to do with your daughter and he should still support her financially.  The things he has said are awful, the issues are between you and him, not your daughter. I understand he is angry towRd you but No matter what happened he should be trying to keep things easy for her..does he gave any time with her? Weekends etc? Do guy gave any contract with the brother? Does he?  It's not all your fault, it tAkes two does he understand you were unsupported when you have a baby and depression? Title doesn't make things right but maybe if he can understand why things happened he may be more supportive toward your dAughter. It's nit going to change anything but between you and him, not your daughter.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sorry, so many typos in my last message.  Hope it made sense..