FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Ex Jehovah’s Witness ?

Gj1
Community Member

Hey guys my first post here😊

To start off with I want to say that I was born and raised as a Jehovah’s Witness and left the faith when I was able to move and support myself. Leaving and coming out to normal society has been pretty tough tho. I just feel like there’s a really distinctive loneliness of being an ex Witness that a lot of people won’t ever understand.

I’m wondering if there are any ex Jehovah’s Witnesses on these forums that have been able to sort of overcome those feelings and find happiness outside the organization.

Could really use some good stories that it does get better because at the moment it feels like I’m seeing the world from behind glass

81 Replies 81

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Sunnygirl1~

Welcome. It's generous of you to offer to share those most horrible experience with  another. To experience domestic violence causes deep injuries (I"m talking mental as well as physical) and to be basically separated from the way of life and people you thought loved you is an added shock and burden.

As a result I appreciate your difficulties in making this offer.

I'm not sure Butterfly22 is still reading the Forum, however others , especially those that  don't post do. Can I suggest you keep an eye on htis thread, you may be able to assist a new person at some time in the future.

Croix

SunnyGirl1
Community Member

Hi,

yes of course, I will check in from time to time. I’d love to be able to support others if I can, as it’s been an extremely traumatic experience as and I imagine speaking with others who understand could be helpful. It can be so isolating and I’d hate for someone else to feel the pain that I have. If anyone reads this, and is in a similar situation, you’re not alone.