FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dealing with infidelity and more

Friendzle
Community Member

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 7 years. At the start of the year we took a break after I found out that he'd cheated on me whilst working away for 2 months in India.

We both dated other people, but he came to me promising me everyrhing I wanted if we got back together. It took a couple of months of persuasion, and we got back together in june.

My BF recently went to a weekend festival and made friends with a group of girls. When he came home again it felt exactly like when he returned from India. He's constantly glued to his phone chatting away to these girls.

Its making me feel so insecure that he can no longer just sit with me and enjoy my company. Hes always on his phone or accidently running into them out in the city. I've voiced my concerns, but his opinion is that theres nothing going on and theres nothing wrong with our relationship. Hes totally changed. Hes so distant with me now that its making me miserable and I dont know how to fix us.

I bought a house in the last month, so money is tight for me. I almost feel like hes using it against me because he invites me to join them out in the city when he knows I absolutely cant afford it.

16 Replies 16

Friendzle
Community Member

We had a serious talk about everything going on last night and how miserable I've been feeling and he says it will take time for things to get better.

I love him so much and I want to do whatever I can to save our relationship, but the feedback I'mgetting is a resounding DUMP HIM!

He says the reason he goes out drinking and dancing with these girls is because while I'm the one he wants to be with and loves doing things with, I'm not as fun to go drinking and dancing with.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Friendzle,

is he looking for fun or a lifelong partner? For a relationship to work you need to be able to spend time together and time doing your own thing, but not at one persons expense. Isn't your happiness imprtant to him and you? Are you happy when he comes over and plays on his phone, messaging other girls? Looks like his idea of having fun does not include you. Is that a partnership? How would he feel if you befriended a group of guys and went out with Them? He says it will take time for things to get better and he's right but I don't see any effort on his part to try and make it happen. He's out partying and drinking, with other girls, while you sit st home miserable. You taken on the responsibility of buying a house, he doesn't seem to understand what responsibility is as he certainly doesn't respect the sacrifices that come with it. He says you're the one he wants to be with, ask him why. He says you're the one he wants to do things with but he's doing everything with these other girls because you're not fun. What exactly does he like doing with you? His actions do not match his words.

im really sorry but he sounds like a jerk. I have a thread called "lonely hearts club. Do you miss the person or the relationship". He's cheated on you before, how many drinks does he need (or the girls) before that line is crossed again? You don't live together, probably a good thing, but does he come home to you after partying?

ive been with someone who used to go out Saturday nights with his friend and never invited me to come. He may not have cheated but when the shit hit the fan and I questioned that he admitted he wanted to keep his options open.

sorry to be so blunt but it's a touchy subject for me because of personal experience.

Cmf

Friendzle
Community Member

We keep talking and talking but I just dont think he understands why I feel this way.

is it so wrong for him to have female friends? Is our problem stemming completely from my own insecurities or low self esteem?

Previous to his infidelity we lived together and did everything together, but we also got complacent together. Going out was replaced by sitting together on the couch. I start to wonder if boredom is whats lead him to living this over the top lifestyle of drinks and dancing, because staying in is boring?

Am I just jealous because I'm not getting the attention and focus I'm used to?

The more I try to diagnose and correct whats wrong, the more confused I'm becoming. Maybe the problem is just me? Maybe I expect too much?

He slept with her. His new bestie.

Can you come back from repeated infidelity? Or should I do what I should've done weeks ago and leave.

I've never been so hurt 😞

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Friendzle, it seems like the writing is on the wall. Trust is essential for a loving relationship, and you've now had that trust broken twice. Perhaps the first time there could be excuses made (being away for a while in another country), but this time it's happened right under your nose, and when you were assured that nothing was going on. Like Apollo said in the post above, I can't see any evidence from what you're posting that you have security in this relationship.

If I tell you I like oranges, but you never see me eating them, or if I get offered one I always say no, would you still think I liked oranges? Just because someone says they want to be with you isn't enough... it needs to be backed up with actions.

You should cut all contact with him like you should of done weeks ago.

The guy is just playing with your emotions, he doesn't care about you, he is just using you. Save yourself now and you will be better off without him.

Sorry that you have to go through that, you seem to nice to be with a player who just sleeps with any girl. You will be better off in the long run.

Hugs,

Touille

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

so sorry you have been hurt like this again. I say get out of there, you deserve so much better. It was only a matter of time before he crossed the line again. I don't believe someone who wants to part hard and drink is ready to settle down, especially if their partner is sitting at home alone.

He's a player, taking advantage of you. Move on and concentrate on you and your happiness.

cmf x