FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bestha

Bestha
Community Member

Hi

I am feeling very lonely these days even I am with my husband and I feel like something missing. I don't know how to make myself happy and nobody is trying to understand me.When I express my feelings to others they were like nothing has happened to you, you’re perfectly fine and you are just overthinking it.

I stopped telling my feelings to others.

I have difficulty in making friends and I don't know where to find them.

I feel like I may die of loneliness and sadness one day. I loosing hopes in my life and I am not able to imagine my future. 

All I want right now is to be understood, to be loved, to be supported, to be able to enjoy my life, to be happy 

Could you please suggest me 

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Bestha, hi and thanks for posting your comment on a forum where many of us have been in exactly the same position.

There is a difference between telling someone what you don't like, if you are genuinely feeling OK, rather than when you are suffering from a MI because after a while they don't pay any attention to you, that's why you stop telling them and this happens quite often.

First suggestion is to contact your doctor and before you go, there is an 'online depression test' which you can type in your search bar, try and do this test a few times at times of the day and then give the resultsto your doctor.

They may want to prescribe medication and offer you a 'mental health plan', this entitles you to 20 Medicare paid sessions to talk with a psych per year, but make sure that you feel comfortable talking with them, otherwise these sessions won't work properly.

Geoff.

Life Member.