FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

4 year relationship affected by 'Meth' use

Jessplease
Community Member

I have been with my current boyfriend for 4 years(23-30), we are living together and building a house in 8 months.

Our relationship has always had patches from the beginning but we have always gotten through. I have always had a solid job and supported him through unemployment etc.

He currently works as a security guard at pubs and I am so happy he is working again as this provides financial relief but .. I found out a female coworker was messaging him a lot and discussing her relationship with her partner and how she wants to leave etc now she goes out taking drugs all the time.

We spoke about it and I told him I seen all the messages between them and I was uncomfortable with it. Following this the messaging reduced significantly, everything back to how it usually is.

Sunday night he finds drugs at work and tells me about it, come Monday night he has used the drugs. He used to be a heavy drug user years ago but since we have been together it has been next to nothing.

Monday everything is okay we have a very deep talk ( due to the drugs ), Tuesday he doesn't go out to the pub and see friends like usual - slightly moody. Now Wednesday night he is super paranoid that I am spying on him through apps on his phone, questioning every notification his phone sends etc.

I am crying at this point due to him thinking it's me spying on him and I don't trust him. He then tells me he is not sure what to dowith us.

*Im not spying on him- what he is questioning is the normal phone processes and permissions he has given the apps*

I love him, I really do but what is going on ? What do I do ? I just feel lost and emotional

10 Replies 10

Hi Jessplease,

Thank you for the update, I'm glad he seems better but I was quite upset to hear about how badly this has been affecting your health and wellbeing, I know the feeling completely and its awful.

Its important to talk about it with him, you deserve to have your feelings heard and maybe he didn't realise how much this affected you.

Remember he's not the only one in the relationship, you are too.

Write here any time you need support

Gem