FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression

Sudden
Community Member
  • I have been on antidepressants for about 45yrs, I suffer from PTSD,I am in an abusive relationship, I have been physically and mentally abused by my husband and my daughter over the years. I did leave but returned.i am now on the aged pension after working my all my life,my husband cannot work in his profession any more due to allergies, he is working casually but now not enough to cover the bills, I'm going to try and get a job ,but I'm so down at the moment the thought of working again is giving me anxiety, what ever I try to achieve I am constantly belittled. I have moment,s of brightness and I like my home, I have always been able to make decision,s but at the moment I can't concentrate,any advice would be appreciated thankyou
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Sudden,  Thank you so much for your openness and strength in sharing this here. It sounds like there is a lot going on, and we’re really glad you could reach out to the forums. We know that it can be really difficult to take that step, but we think it’s so good that you did because you shouldn’t have to deal with so many things on your own.   It sounds like you are dealing with a lot both mentally and with your family situation, and this can really affect how you’re feeling. You are deserving of respect, and you should never be abused by your partner or daughter. We think it’s really important to reach out to 1800 Respect to discuss how the relationship is affecting you, on 1800 737 732. They’re kind, understanding and non-judgmental, and can talk things through with you any time.  

We would also encourage you to call our Support Service on 1300 22 4636. We can help 24 hours a day, seven days a week with counselling support, information and referrals.   Thank you again for your courage and strength in sharing your story. If you’d like to share a bit more here about how you’ve been feeling, our kind community will be here to offer their support and understanding.    Kind regards,  Sophie M 

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Sudden,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

Being abused is something that you should never put up with, your a human being and you deserve respect.

Im sorry you are belittled especially when you are trying so hard.

Its not easy living in a relationship where everything feels strained because of toxic energy in the household.

Im sorry you feel so down and I understand how anxiety can affect our concentration.

Have you thought about having a chat to your gp about the way you are feeling and what you are experiencing?

Its time to look after yourself you can’t do everything and you deserve respect.