FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,722 Replies 1,722

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix...of course...that quote!  I will use that, perfect!........thank you for your help, will give it a try later...Moon S

Moon is chat online a general one  or on this forum. I amcluecless 

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Quirky (excuse me for answering Moon)~

It is not the Forum, it is our 24/7 help line which you to get to by hitting the "Immediate Support" button top right of every page. The support page has several options including talking to a councilor either on the phone or else by chat

If you select chat then the dialogue above starts

I find I can't type fast enough wihtout umpteen errors to use chat. A lot of younger people do prefer it.

Croix

Hi Quirky...as far as I read it, it has nothing to do with this Online Forum...its an Online Chat rather than a phone chat.  You type in your problem, BB person types back their reply, then you answer, then they answer, like a phone conversation just in words on the page, rather than spoken.   I am having trouble with my hearing atm, so it would have been a good alternative....Moon S

I looked at chat line and wondered if we chat why do I need to give my phone number..?

I may try it. 

Quirky...I'd be interested to know what you thought of it, if you try it.....Moon S

My anxiety is running so high now...my flight is in a few days and the lead up has been so busy with other stuff I am involved in...what will the weather be like where I'm going, changeable, in between seasons I suppose like here but trying to keep luggage down as much as I can.  Taking presents for family etc...arranging for pet sitting which has been a hassle....getting to the airport, checking in on time, my head is in a whirl...a very worrying whirl.   First thing in the morning upon waking is the worst time...I feel this dreadful "fear" and what if I feel like that on the flight morning?  I am afraid I will be frozen getting pet ready for pick up (he won't like it, hates the cat carrier) have I forgotten anything? Do I look OK. (I have to meet son's new partner) and want to make a good impression.  Looking after my grandson on my own for a few days...how to amuse? Will be so crowded as its School Holidays in this popular tourist destination. (I usually avoid that time). I am so scared it will all fall apart or actually, than I, myself, will fall apart.  Perhaps I have already?  Do others get like this when going on a trip alone with no one to help them with arrangements?   I am in a bad way.......

Oh dear Moon...breathe...

I know it's easy for me to say that but remember no matter what the situation we experience the same feeling with anxiety and understand how you feel & how difficult this is for you.

Your son's new partner will love you I'm sure, just as we do. Your beautiful character comes  through on the forums & it will shine in real life. 

Your grandson I'm sure will be so happy to see you that he'll be happy with whatever you choose to do.

The stress of all the organising you need to do is understandable & will hopefully disappear when you get onto the plane.

You've got this Moon. You've done it before & you'll do it again. 

Here if you need my friend.

Cmf x

Hello Dear Moon,

Oh lass... you are not alone in having these feelings, I know back when I travelled I was just the same.  It is very easy to get yourself in a tizz over nothing.  Try remembering all the other times you have travelled & how well they all went.  Lass your friends here don't doubt you can & will simply fly through it all when the time comes.

Hugs

Paws  

Thank you friends for your support.  Quirky if you are reading this I just tried the Online Chat with BB rather than Phone Chat and it went fine.  No problems, just thought I would let people know that it took only a few minutes to be in touch with a counsellor who was just as helpful if it had been on the phone.....