FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost and overwhelmed...what happened?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow, this was meant to be 'my' year. A new year, a fresh start, a year to focus on what i want to do and where i am headed but i have hit a brick wall and can't break through. Single mum 3 kids. My little one has more kinder sessions so i have 3 days with about 4 hours free. With kids at school/kinder, this was my plan and how i wanted to spend my time i was excited/positive up until last weeks:

Do a few odd jobs around the house, fix a few things, big clean up;

Join a gym, do yoga for relaxation, walk every day - take care of me

Do an online course or some short courses so i can think of going back to work next year when she starts school. I could do something i really enjoy, a new career.

Maybe do some casual work or start a little business from a hobby

How i feel now:

Don't know where to start,anxious, guilty for not doing anything with my free time yet

How will i juggle 2 teenagers and a preppie and work all on my own next year?

If i work next year who will look after the little one on school holidays? I don't want to use school holiday programs when she is in grade prep. The thought makes me sick.

Maybe i should sell the house, just get rid of the mortgage and rent and be free ( i have this thought every month around pmt time) but where would i go and would i be renting forever? I feel overwhelmed with mortgage and bills, just like everyone i guess. Am i running away from responsibility, am i lazy?

I feel i have to be doing something all the time, feel guilty if i take time out (i was fine first week of kinder, this started second week I feel guilty not working, Scared I'll get in trouble for not doing anything yet and for having free time. The course i wanted is too expensive but i can look at other options.

I feel like a lazy mum, bad example to set for my children.

I'm anxious and depressed. i look at others with their families and how they are happy and going out and going away because they can afford to.

Am i crazy for being like this? Am i a lazy person? I had it all planned out, what happened, why have i now fallen like this? I saw a positive future, upgrade my skills, get out there and be something now i cant see it anymore.

I've lost my direction. People have said to give myself time to adjust to having some free time and to take a break and then rethink what i want to do but i'm panicking, like i'm wasting my time and i cant get going. I don't deserve anything i have.

Thanks for reading

cmf x

4,927 Replies 4,927

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I don't even know if I want the bike cos now I feel I owe him. He doesn't want me to buy a kmart bike. Says they're rubbish but really it's none of his business. Little miss won't use the bike much. I told him that. I really don't know why he offered us the bike. Not to keep,  to use.  

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Today was hard. I woke feeling out of sorts. I think all special occasions will he hard. I felt angry toward him. I remembered past Easters where I felt hurt. I guess today was a trigger. I saw my family yesterday so today i felt alone. I went put all day shopping. I was surprised how many people were out so I didn't feel as bad. All my life Easter has been a big family occasion.  This year I was alone. Even though my family celebrated Saturday I felt a bit lost today,  Easter Sunday. 

Special days and times do hit you for sure, even if you don't even celebrate those as say l don't with easter- apart from some choccy haha . But you miss having someone at these times nonetheless  for sure/

Feel really down.even though I see all the things that hurt me I feel sad. Why?why did he hurt me again 30 years later?why is he still  clueless jerk? Why did he get into  relationship with me of all people if he knew he was emotionally unavailable? I know why. Cos he knew he couldn't trust me & I'd boost his ego. He's just  user. Just uses people to feel good about himself. 

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Sorry...meant to say he COULD trust me. He doesn't deserve me. He never did.

Why the hell give us a bike to use?

He said he didn't know what he wanted.  I know. He wanted a good time.  A good tine & freedom.

Spoilt jerk.

Ahhhh cm.

Sorry your down and being bitten atm.

Must admit must be something going on this wk l've been feeling angry at some stuff from her to.

Big hug.

CMF

i am sorry you feel down. I can u derstand why his treatment of you over the years would get you down, 

Hey rx 

Must be Easter blues. He wasn't 100% well over Easter & I wad joking around, stirring him up. He told me jokingly I was just mean with lots of laughing emojis.  Funnily enough it triggered me. I wanted to respond with :ill tell you what's mean..." & have a dig at him for some of the hurtful things he's done or said to me like "having a great time o/s" while I sat here for days waiting to hear from him. Or the way he responded/didn't respond to my message on our 5 year anniversary. Or the way he jumped through hoops like a puppy dog for his sister as if I was non-existent . Even the way he just kept me hanging while it suited him & then changed ovetnight whilst overseas but now I'm so hot.

I kniw we wetr joking around but that's mean & a perfect example of how he believes everyone should be nice to him cos he's a "good guy".

So cocky.

Hi Quirky

Funny how his treatment was nit obvious.  We went out for beautiful lunches every Sunday,  drives to wineries. He bought me beautiful gifts for birthdays & Christmas (some sis chose for him). The material things were lovely but I'm not a material person however people only saw that side. Everyone knew he took me out every Sunday.  No one saw the other side. That we only saw each other weekends despite living 15 mins away from each other. That I almost begged for space & privacy from his sis. That he idolised her & made her the priority. That I was lonley while he lived a life with her. It's funny how he was so good to me, yet he wasn't.  He took me for granted & it was almost cruel the way I was not important enough. Then yo go b overseas and come back to break it off after giving me gifts, saying he missed me, wished I was there etc. He broke it off in a whim cos I got upset over sis after not seeing him for 5 weeks. If only people knew all that

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I just don't understand how he can switch off emotions. When we're together he's all over me. Hugging kissing more than I am but he can switch it off & be like he doesn't care. I can't hive how emotionally devoid he is. And the bike??? Why? I think the bike is messing with my head. 

I don't want a relationship but maybe I do need more of something.  A mental connection. Someone to have a decent conversation with not just someone who smiles & says what people want to hear. Not somewhere has everything fall into their lap.  Someone with substance & not so needy to be tge best & have to hear how good they are. I want more than to feed a man's ego.