FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Confused and Lost

lostmale
Community Member

Hi, I’m a male in my early 30’s. Since the both of my son just over 2 years ago I have really struggles with anxiety and depression. I’ve been going to a therapist which has been helpful and I’m now medicated which has eliminated the depression I was dealing with. The anxiety though is a lot to handle! I have worked out that through my life I have always had anxiety but had worked out coping strategies along the way to pretty much hide it from everyone including myself. The birth of a child has made it pretty much impossible for me to mange my anxiety, as soon as something goes into chaos/get disrupted my anxiety spirals out of control. I shut down and zone out of what’s happening around me. This happens almost daily and has left me thinking as I ever going to be able to cope with having a family or am I better off leaving them to be without me? It’s been just over 2 years of me dealing with this on a daily bases and I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to live like this anymore… I love my family but the constant anxiety and not being happy is not how I want to live either. I don’t know where to turn to next, and with being just over 30 is this what’s install for the rest of my life? Anything people have to say is helpful, thanks!

1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lostmale

welcome to the forums. I am sad to read about your anxiety and how it affects your life.

Have you told your partner how you feel? 
can you talk to a counsellor.? 
Anxiety is so overwhelming but there are tools you can learn. 
This is a helpful supportive forum.

As your child grows you may find the anxiety may lessen.