FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Still Working on my Depression

naralle
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to let everyone know that I'm trying to fight back on my depression which isn't easy but if I don't start now it will never happen. I know I have support here and I really do appreciate it and I now know that I can come here and talk about it instead of bottling it up. 

Its just going to take one day at a time to work on my health and get my motivation back on track that's for sure and tell my depression were to go lol. But it won't be easy but I have to make a start and do something about it. I know I will have some off days hey I know I will jump on here and talk about it.

Anyway thank you for listening.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi naralle,

Thank you for your post and being so open, it takes real strength to share on the forums and we're sure many of our community members can relate to what you're feeling. It sounds like you are taking positive steps towards feeling better and we admire your strength.

We're glad you know that you have a safe place to share here, please know if you want to talk through what you’re feeling at any time, the Beyond Blue Support Line is here for you 24/7 on 1300 22 4636, or online here. It’s ok to reach out when you’re feeling anxious or upset, they can talk you through some ways to find a bit of calm, and then help you to figure out some options for further support. 

Thanks again for sharing. We’re here to listen and offer support, and you never know how your experience might help someone else. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M 

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello naralle,

I can really hear your strength and desire to fight back and make a change to your mental health. It's so encouraging to read your post and I am glad you are here to talk to us, and seek support. We're here to listen and do whatever we can when you have those off days, or even if the day is actually going well. 

Take care for now, but I just wanted to say it was lovely to read your post.

James