FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Opening up to Authenticity

LeadingWithKindness
Community Member

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well. I think I had a panic attack. I’m completely calm now, just tired. It’s almost 3am and it’s my usual time I get to sleep. I’ve been having insomnia the past 4ish years and it’s horrible. I just want a break from life for a week to just catch up on sleep instead of constantly having to do things. I’ve had family issues and friend issues and I’ve always just tried to deal with them but I think at this point I’ve fallen into depression. I’ve always avoided saying it but I think an important thing is to be real with yourself and that’s where you can get true help. It’s not easy at all but we’re all trying aren’t we? I’m so glad I found this platform and I hope to meet other kind people here - rooting for you all.

3 Replies 3

Beth_123
Community Member

Hi Leadingwithkindness, I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling with insomnia and it led to a possible panic attack. It can be very difficult to deal with both physical and mental health issues, especially when they seem to be compounding on top of each other. You are right that it's important to be honest with yourself about how you are feeling so that you can get the help and support you need.

It's great that you found this support platform, and I'm sure you'll find many kind and understanding people here who can offer encouragement and empathy. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now with family and friend issues, and it's understandable that it would take a toll on your mental health.

Have you considered speaking with a mental health professional about your depression and insomnia? They can help you develop strategies for managing your symptoms and finding ways to prioritize your mental health. It can also be helpful to look into relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation, and to make sure you are taking care of yourself physically by getting enough exercise and eating a balanced diet.

Remember, you are not alone in your struggles, and there are resources available to help you. Take things one step at a time and be kind to yourself as you work on finding a path towards better mental health.

Thanks so much, Beth this is something I really needed to hear. It is so difficult for me to reach out but your words and care have helped me a lot. I have begun to see a counselor and will address my insomnia. I avoid speaking on it because I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining that I’m tired and I don’t get much sleep. It’s true but it’s not because I’m lazy at all. So thank you for listening and I hope you understand the importance and scale of your positive impact on this platform. I hope you have an awesome day or night 🙂

Hey Leadingwithkindness,

I have experienced insomnia too and I’m sorry you are going through it and are so exhausted from life. Can I suggest binaural beats if you haven’t heard of them? They are specific frequencies that we can listen to like a meditation that offer relief from certain things for instance there’s ones for calming nerves and anxiety (might be helpful if you feel you had a panic attack and if experience another in the future?) and they have many for insomnia. Most are set for minimum of three hours up to eight hours so you can listen to them through the night and you can find free on YouTube just by searching binaural beats. They work best with headphones so if you have some comfortable headphones perhaps you could give this a try? 

Wishing you rest and better days ahead. Take care.