FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

i dont know how to explain

Guest_02113224
Community Member

i dont know whats wrong with me but i feel like everyone around me is sick of me, im even sick of myself, im getting stupid and i overthink too much, which causes me to mess up what im doing. for example i even overthought bringing pushbikes into the house, people around me get mad because of it, and im a bit of a crybaby in the sense i let everything bottle up and so when the straw breaks the camels back it seems like i cry over small stuff. somebody close to me got angry because i said i cant stop overthinking, they said 'just dont think' but its not that easy because if i didnt think id still mess up and theyd be even angrier and i cant stop thinking, theres no winning and i feel hopeless and everyone just wants to get rid of me it feels like. ive been told i act like a child and i cry when things get too hard. i dont know how to change myself, i want to be the opposite of what i am now, i want to be confident and i want to be able to control my emotions, im too emotional and i can tell i make everyone around me lives' a little bit less bareable.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi there, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your bravery and openness in sharing here. It’s a really good place to have come to hear from others. We’re really sorry to hear you’ve been going through a tough time. We think sharing here is a great step towards feeling better.  

It sounds like you are going through a hard time, please try and be kind to yourself and remember you are not alone with these feelings. If you want to talk through what you’re feeling at any time, the Beyond Blue Support Line is here for you 24/7 on 1300 22 4636, or online on our website. It’s ok to reach out when you’re feeling anxious or upset, they can talk you through some ways to find a bit of calm, and then help you to figure out some options for further support. 

We’re sure we’ll hear from the lovely community soon, but in the meantime, here’s some strategies you might like to have a look at it. We understand you might have been through some of these in the past and it might feel like cold comfort right now, but they’re here in case they do pique your interest: 
Thanks again for sharing. We’re here to listen and offer support, and you never know how your story might help someone else. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M