FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Exhaustion

Quilter57
Community Member

I have had major depression and anxiety for years. Currently I am dealing with several major stressors. Also I am obese and drink too much. I am unbelievably exhausted all the time. I have no energy and want to sleep all day. Any ideas of what might give me a kick up the bum and get me going again?

14 Replies 14

Hi Candice5~

That’s wonderful to hear!! It’s such a great step and I’m so excited to hear that you’re making progress and putting in the effort. 

I wish you the best of luck and the most support,

yours_truly

Helena Smith
Community Member

Sorry you are feeling like this, the answer is both hard and simple. Get help from your doctor, counsellor, or allied health professional for both your depression and anxiety and your health issues. Easy to say hard to do, the first step has been taken by reaching out here. If you can take one simple step, one night without alcohol and mark that as a success. Take all the little steps and celebrate your achievement. Motivation comes from success, biting off a huge chunk can set you up for a feeling of failure when change is slow. Good luck.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Candice, at the AA meeting they may want to asign you a mediator, someone you can contact when you are in desire straights, so to speak, or when you want a drink, that's up to you to either accept or wait, but it's probably worth assigning someone for those occasional times.

Your doctor can prescribe some medication which will stop the urge to drink, which I have used and it does work, that's as long as you want to take it and to replace it there are many options to consider so please get back to us if you need any help.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Hi Candice. All the best!!!

Towanda
Community Member

Hey quilter, I was the same.

Cant lose weight while drinking.

I tried feb fast, dry july and octsober- with some sussess but never made the month.. then i tried Annie Grace 30 day alcohol experiment- its an app, with daily videos etc, or a book... found it fab.. but still couldnt quit for longer than 20 days... So went to supportive gp- did brief, low dose medication detox and anti craving meds, and joined daybreakers app- so then 4 months off alcohol and with keto diet lost 15kg- felt better, slept better, more energy... and im on anti depressants... thats what worked for me...