FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Any tips for regaining appetite?

Lyndis
Community Member

Hi, so, I was recently diagnosed with depression, and over the past few weeks, I've noticed my appetite is decreasing at an alarming rate. I have reason to suscept this might stem from my depression.

I keep gagging while eating, although I've never thrown up from it, and I often don't feel hungry until the evening (in which i snack on sweets), which i want to try and stop.

I very much understand its not healthy, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems with eating and if they'd be kind enough to share some info/tips on how to combat it. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 Reply 1

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lyndis,

Thank you for reaching out.

My concern about what you have said is that there may be an underlying health issue that is contributing to your loss of appetite. There are many things that could be causing this other than depression. It could be nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalance, a medication you are taking, just to name a few. Since you have said you are alarmed by your loss of appetite, have you talked to your GP about it? If not, that should be a priority to get to the bottom of it. It may be connected with the depression, but it is better to rule out any other causes and take it from there.

Please feel free to continue this conversation, we will be here for you.

indigo